[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really don't like this painting but I don't what

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: I dont like it.jpg (156KB, 900x692px) Image search: [Google]
I dont like it.jpg
156KB, 900x692px
I really don't like this painting but I don't what I don't like about it... Thoughts?
>>
lips look too bright, trees look simple compared to the rest of the image.

or is this a shitpost? someone get the belt
>>
They could've at least had some Hawaiian looking palms there, instead of a couple of brown sticks.
>>
>>2966031
are those lanky carrots in the background?

Also I got chewed out for this my first time too, but post in the current drawings thread or the beginner thread. You wont get flamed. I warned ya.
>>
File: 1493014231588.jpg (13KB, 533x458px) Image search: [Google]
1493014231588.jpg
13KB, 533x458px
YOU DID IT AGAIN?!

*closes the door and locks it*

WHAT DID I TELL YOU, NEWFAG? WHAT THE *FUCK* DID I TELL YOU LAST TIME?

*undos belt*
*grabs you from behind*

STOP SHITPOSTING!

*throws you on the couch*
*starts beating you with the belt*
*smack*
*smack*
*smack*

STOP *smack* SHIT *smack* FUCKING *smack* POSTING!!!

READ THE FUCKING STICKY! *smack*

POST IN THREADS THAT ALREADY EXIST!!! *smack*

*you're bleeding and crying now*
*smack*
*smack*

GET *smack* IT THROUGH *smack* YOUR SKULL!! *smack*

YOU'RE WHY MOMMY LEFT, YOU FUCKING IDIOT!! *smack*

STOP MAKING ME DO THIS!! *smack*

*smack*
*smack*
*smack*
*smack*

FUCK!!

*throws you to the ground*
*you lay in a heap sobbing*
*reties belt*

I HAD BETTER NOT SEE ANOTHER *FUCKING* SHITPOST FROM YOU AGAIN. YOU POST IN THAT GODDAMNED /BEG/ THREAD WITH YOUR RETARD FRIENDS AND YOU DON'T COME OUT AGAIN!! YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!!!

*unlocks door*
*leaves you to find the loomis books*
>>
>>2966031
Work on your values.
>>
>>2966031
Yeah background is a bit fucky, but besides that its pretty good
>>
Don't leave unpainted areas on the painting and claim it is finished or something.
>>
>>2966031
>2 middle aged men staring into the distance
i dont get it
>>
>>2966031
>0 values
>no background
>cartoony trees
>shitty white line art.
>>
>>2968558
this

wtf, your anatomy is on point but you just didn't even finish the background?
>>
>>2966031
That background really showcases the artist's skill when they are not copying a photograph.
>>
>>2966031
Forgetting the fact that those "trees" are ugly as hell it bugs me that the individual palms seem to blowing in a stiff breeze. It makes it feel like we're looking at a photo of two men standing in front of a green screen
>>
Maybe if we could see it finished first... I hope this is a progress pic.
>>
>>2966031
definitely darker values i like it though the trees might need texture or something to make them more realistic
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 620x349px
>>2966031
>>
>>2966031
No shadow it's all highlight, figure a light source seems you might have not had one or kept changing it or forgetting where it was; looks like they are hanging upside down from an interrogative spot light.
Secondly, there is no background to define a light source. That makes your picture very stiff and cartoonish.try putting a background with darker colors and decide on a light source direction. Two things can come about that, you will fuck it up because you lost your light source direction. Highlights can be masked by shadow remember?
The probably most important thing here is as it was stated before values of color. You got 6 colors all in the same shade. Either, you are trying to cell shade and would lead to believe you don't have a style in which sets the basis for values or.... You are scared of contrasting your work as you feel it a weakness and always scrap your labor as its not what you wanted.
I would suggest getting a light source, getting a darker back ground to compliment the highlights you have established and get some contrast in values worked in. Or you can always stick to working with black and white or sepia grade and stay way from colors until you learn how shadows and light work!
>>
File: kek.gif (253KB, 664x521px) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
253KB, 664x521px
Obviously Traced, you can tell by how shit the values are
>>
>>2966031
faces & clothes need more contrast in the shading. Try to overdo it and you'll be right where you want to be
>>
>>2967111
enough of this please
>>
>>2971691
Any ameteur has too start somewhere, he could use some anatomy practice but he may just be lazy
>>
>>2968958
this to a point, lack of value scale kills me
>>
>>2967111
hahahahahaha i agree OP should drink bleach for creating extra threads
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.