[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im currently in the middle of deciding on a tablet, but its come

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 343.png (482KB, 1514x602px) Image search: [Google]
343.png
482KB, 1514x602px
Im currently in the middle of deciding on a tablet, but its come down to an intuos medium $350 or a ugee hk1560 for $450. I want to be using it for quite a bit of time before upgrading to a cintiq. Now, is the intuos really that great? The ugee is only a hundred dollars more for a screen
>>
>>2964984
I bought the 22in monoprice and it really good but i heard the xp-artist 22in is just as good too.

I had issues with my monoprice at first but since i bought it thru amazon they sent me replacements till i got one that i felt worked right.

wacom is not worth their prices.
>>
>>2964991
oh I never even heard of monoprice, what kind of issues did you have at first?
>>
>>2965004
it felt slightly laggy enough to bother and the screen got really hot. However the replacement they sent had none of those issues and i had it for around a year now.
>>
>>2964984
I would buy the ugee, but be careful cause in shipping they can be damaged. other brand i recommend is bosto. i have a bosto 14wx and i like it because is mucho more portable than other scrrens. but is also smaller than all that desktop pen displays
>>
File: file.png (275KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
275KB, 1366x768px
>>2965265
Add amazon screenshot
>>
>>2964984
I have a yiynova.
>>
I can only speak from personal experience, but I've had a medium Intuos3 for 11 years with no problems. I'd buy it again today. The drivers are still updated for it currently, but I don't know if that'd be a concern later. It never had technical trouble and has survived falling and rough usage.

I bought my friend a large ugee, and it didn't work even after calling tech support. She had to return it and get a smaller wacom.
>>
>>2964984

Do you guys feel comfy drawing on a 16" tablet ?

I have a 24" monitor and sometimes I think a need a bigger one. A 5k 29" would be perfect
>>
i can use a standard mini USB cable for a Huion tablet right? it's not gonna fry its insides or anything.
the one it that came with it isn't very long.
>>
File: 421.png (663KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
421.png
663KB, 1200x1500px
>>2965315
i use an intous pro medium on my 24" asus monitor. and i feel it works well.
doodles for consideration.
>>
>>2967201
Yep. I swapped mine out as soon as I got it. Also, it's fucking great having such a replaceable cable. I'm still pissed over my Wacom tablets' cables dying out and being impossible to fix.
>>
>>2964991
>wacom is not worth their prices.

How so? I bought an Intuos 4 for like 300 bucks or whatever the price was on amazon around that time.

6 years later and it still works as good as new. Probably the most reliable piece of hardware I ever bought.
>>
>>2967266
You got lucky.

also i dono about anon but i know that if i spend 300 bucks on a single piece of tech it better be issue free and built to last but that just isnt the case with wacom. Also lets say the settle for a cheaper wacom it'll be dismally small. and if they want to upgrade cause it too small it'll sting more since you already paid a bunch for it initially.

With chinese tablets they work as well and even if it breaks down or you want a upgrade it doesn't feel like a huge blow.

Also the build quality is getting crazy good in the chinese tablets. compare the huion 610pro and the 1060plus... jesus the 1060 is gorgeous and feels so premium. also under 100 usd. i got mine for like 70. and it's much bigger than what i'd get trying to get a wacom...
>>
>>2967272
I agree that their cintiqs are overpriced as fuck but their tablets are pretty reasonable. Also, what do you mean with I got lucky? The Intuos isn't exactly known as a tablet that has lots of hardware issues and breaks down a lot. Almost 99% of the trouble people have with these things are minor driver issues.

I mean, if you want a display to draw on, definitely go with a cheap non-wacom product, but for regular tablets who aren't that expensive to begin with, I'd go for quality over saving a couple of bucks.
>>
>>2967284
I don't agree Cintiqs are overpriced. Mine is a tank. Never had a single hardware issue, it works perfectly, has for 4 years + heavy usage. This is a career machine, I really can't see upgrading it, except possibly by a Surface Studio. If you can't afford, nothing wrong with that, but I think they're worth saving for.

I'd have to try the cheaper Chinese tablets, to see how good the stylus is, and how sensitive it is. It looks good on paper, but I'd have to try it first. If I couldn't afford the Cintiq, I'd probably take a chance on one.
>>
Why should I choose an Intuos Pro (old model) or Intuos 5 over a Intuos 4? They all have the same pressure sensitivity levels and the 4 is somewhat cheaper. Is it purely aesthetic reasons?

I would get the latest models but I'm trying to save as much money as possible right now and those seem good enough even if they're outdated
>>
>>2967442

Doesn't the pro have more buttons?

I have the pro and I like it, but I never use the buttons anyway since my keyboard has programmable macro keys.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.