[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it even possible to do anything high-end digitally without

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 1436725780663.jpg (65KB, 362x358px) Image search: [Google]
1436725780663.jpg
65KB, 362x358px
Is it even possible to do anything high-end digitally without some overpriced tablet? I'm trying to use my mouse and I wanna kill myself here.
>>
Why would you even do that. The only thing a mouse is good for might be pixel art. Just do pencil and paper until you buy a tablet.
>>
You can get around with 3D.

But I would just draw on paper honestly.
>>
>>2962693
yes, painting is easy and there are vectors if you need lines, i used to do paintings with the mouse all the time, not good ones, but it wasn't because i couldn't make the marks i wanted to.
>>
>>2962702
because I'm poor and there's nowhere to work around here.
>>
Not illustration wise.

Graphic design wise, sure.

If you want digital illustration with a mouse, might aswell not even try it.

it's an investment, you don't need an overpriced one, just get a cheap one for less than 100 bucks.

I'm sure your mummy and daddy allowance is enough if you save up
>>
>>2962693
>without some overpriced tablet
Definitely.
>with a mouse
Fuck no.

You can get usable tablets from $50 up and it's a semi-longterm investment.

Check this one out. It's similar to Wacom intuos pro, except for the touch controls and 24/7 driver support.
>https://www.amazon.de/Huion-NEW-Grafiktablett-Express-Integriertem/dp/B01FTE9HS2
>>
>>2962693
Easily. I'm one of the top concept artists in the gaming industry and I've used a mouse for over 40 years. Never gonna make it if you need a tablet to make good art.
>>
Both tablets I own were for $50 or less
Wacom Bamboo One $50 @ Aldi, owned for about a year
Monoprice 10.6x6.25"" $46.60 @ online store, owned for 5 years now, tablet itself is fine but replaced the pen once

Don't use mouse man, you don't improve artistically and it will leave you with RSI and wrist problems.
>>
It depends what you mean by "high-end". You definietly can scan your inks and do post-processing on them. If you are using some styles, like comic book with flat colors, I think you can get away with it without tablet. Also adding effects like grain, sparks here and there etc. can be succesfuly done in Photoshop.

Other thing you can do is make illustration with gouache, scan it and then use Photoshop to bump colors and shit + add graphic design elements like logos and tattoos and other stuff.
>>
Graphic design, vector art, that kind of thing. I made this and a number of other pieces a few years ago. I just used the pen tool.

It can be fun, but I doubt I'll ever work like that again unless its minimalism.
>>
When i was 14 i got a used Wacom bamboo tablet off EBay for like 20 dollars. It was small and nothing compared to an Intuos but X100 better than a mouse.
>>
File: planett.gif (846KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
planett.gif
846KB, 1280x720px
I like making stuff on my mouse but it is not the most versatile. You have to use it to its advantage.
>>
yo this shit is only 30$

https://www.amazon.com/Huion-Graphics-Drawing-Tablet-Board/dp/B00TB0TTAC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1493713938&sr=8-3&keywords=art+tablet

But is it any good?
>>
>>2963589
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzsG1uqfDTQ

Use $1000 vr gear :D
>>
>>2962693
Grab a Bamboo Pen man, they are cheap and reliable as fuck. I used mine for 7 years before I got an Intous, I ate food off it, spilled hot coffee and all kinds of nasty shit basically and it still worked perfectly.
>>
File: eyesMushtacoyoutube.gif (178KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
eyesMushtacoyoutube.gif
178KB, 1280x720px
>>2963607
That was awesome!
Still I wish I could afford it right now. I bet it's so much fun.

Until then I'll just pretend that my mouse work is going for that "aesthetic" lol
>>
Interesting
>>
>>2963607
Holy fucking shit.
Mindblowing.
>>
>>2962693
Because my surface pro sucks with adobe illustrator, I use a mouse for illustration, and it's perfect. If you're thinknig of doing vector art, you could at least stay with using a mouse.
>>
Doing digital art with a mouse is like trying to do traditional art with your foot. Some stupid asshole has probably put the hours in to get good at it, that doesn't mean it's not a total waste of time.

Just get a low end tablet. You can do pretty good with a 1000something pressure sensitivity tablet and you can get them pretty cheap. If you can't afford 1 or 200 dollars find a new hobby.
>>
File: samsung.jpg (132KB, 1646x1041px) Image search: [Google]
samsung.jpg
132KB, 1646x1041px
>>2962693
I have an older galaxy note 10.1 and it does just fine with digital art, so I imagine this new tablet will do better.

You want to get a few affordable apps:

Artflow (full) Cloverpaint, Autodesk Ink (vector), Sketchbook (full)

these are all probably the most robust apps you can get on Android.
>>
buy a Wacom Bamboo until you can afford something better.
>>
Wacom Intuos model without pen & touch is around $80 I think. I used a mouse/trackpad too, but a tablet was a really great investment..
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.