[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wtf is with this board and it's obsession with "making

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: pic-dump-21-2.jpg (22KB, 640x378px) Image search: [Google]
pic-dump-21-2.jpg
22KB, 640x378px
Wtf is with this board and it's obsession with "making it"? Not everyone here cares for putting in multiple hours a day everyday. /fit/ isn't even this obsessed with this meme.
>>
Not everyone here is interested in the same goal

"Making it" is either
>working as a professional in a studio
>being a freelancer
>being good enough to do commisions for quick cash
>or simply just getting good

Some people around here are just hobbyists wanting to get better, some grinding fundies to get money for their craft. I think only a few want to make it big.
>>
>>2962509
say it with me boys

NOT
GONNA
MAKE
IT
>>
It's the same way you are obsessed with shitting up my board, op.
>>
>>2962509
Because this place is filled with 17 year old anti social kids who don't want to get an actual job. "Making it" to most people here is getting paid enough money to move out of mommy's house
>>
File: 1471658735388.jpg (12KB, 292x282px) Image search: [Google]
1471658735388.jpg
12KB, 292x282px
>>2962531
>>
>>2962531
It's either this or suicide.
>>
>>2962550
But why
>>
>>2962514
Nah, making it means people come to you for your stuff specifically.
>>
>>2962514
What I really don't get are these salty ass anons who're angry at artist who've made it soley because they choose to draw what they like and 'normies' love it.
>>
'making it' is when your own work is good enough to fap to without thinking about how badly you fucked up that shoulder
>>
>>2962550
This tbqh

Part of me is waiting for the day I finally get kicked out
>>
Making it is posting your work and getting at least 5 (You)s that aren't ironic replies

Like one of those drawings that is so intricate that everyone wants to chip in a little bit of critique to make it better, but only in minor ways.

Also,
>blog?
>>
Because most "artists" here are less interested in the profundity of creation and more interested in fame/money/sex and whatever other indulgence they might gain from career success.

Ironically you'll never really make art this way. You'll spend your career as a designer trying to formulate popular arts because you want currency and praise. Then it wont be art at all. Your work wont have soul. And no one will remember it or you.
>>
>>2962531
This
>>
>>2962797
Those are the kind of anons you laugh at every time they post, because its mutual knowledge that they failed. Behold.

>>2962531
Get mad, bucket crab.
>>
>>2962531
Damn hes got me all figured out
>>
>>2962531
Fuck
>>
>>2962531
it started as this, but along the way I got other reasons too

but yes, that was the initial one. But, basically, isn't that what everybody does, even animals?
>>
>>2962509
Shadman made it and everyone here hates me

Just think about it for a second
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.