[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an important question for you all that constantly troubles

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I have an important question for you all that constantly troubles me.
As artist, we are meant to translate and express the most beautiful and valued parts through visuals.
However, careers in the creative field are so demanding and time consuming,

how can we possibly experience all the beauty in life if we are stuck at a desk?
Sure, we are avoding the "desk life" office job, but at a job like that you at least get to leave after 8 hours. It seems to me that when you decide to have this career you are looking at more like 12 hour days than 8 hour days.
Think of Feng Zhu, how the hell does he work on big films like I am Legend and then have time to make a video teaching students about storyboaring? He just does this stuff nonstop.
>>
>>2962149
tldr;
do we sacrifice living a life
in order to express living a life?
>>
You're not stuck at a desk, you could go where ever the hell you want really as long as you get your shit done.

12 hour days as opposed to 8 hours? What's the difference? Do you want to get your stuff done or leave because of "muh hours". I thought you were an artist.

Feng Zhu said he used to go hardcore on freelance and he doesn't anymore, so he has time to rest.

That just comes with experience and stability. Once, you're at a good spot, you aren't burning time like no tomorrow.
>>
>>2962155
But your mind is constantly on autopilot, its not experiencing real life because you are focused on getting your work done.
Well, its not really that it sucks to work for 12 hours straight or something, its more that you work those twelve hours, eat, bathe sleep and then you're at it another 12 hours, so its more like you're work eternal hours.
I guess that it is about just getting to a good point and being able to rest,
its just scary getting to that point.
>>
>>2962149
Beauty in life can be found right where you are. You don't need to search far and wide for that. In that sense, just by paying attention to your surroundings, making an effort to involve yourself in what's going on around you on your desk and beyond can be enough to stimulate the raw feeling of beauty.
>>
>>2962149
It's not about the amount of hours you put in, its about focused time and effort studying subjects that are relevant to you atm.

Forget Feng Zhu meme. If you are able to really focus on your shit for at least 3 hours a day you will progress fast enough. Additional time spent drawing will only add to that but know the difference between just drawing and focused studying. Watch some Anthony Jones' streams on youtube, he talks about this kinds of stuff a lot.
>>
The world sucks anyway.
That's why I'm an artist; so I can make my own.
>>
>>2962287
>im a gamer
>u might be able to beat me up i the real world
>but in my world I am king
>>
>>2962149
>As artist, we are meant to translate and express the most beautiful and valued parts through visuals

We are not "meant" to do anything. Objective meaning doesnt exist. Create a fulfilling life yourself.
>>
>>2962149
>As artist, we are meant to translate and express the most beautiful and valued parts through visuals.
This is an unrealistic and unattainable goal, that is of your own making.
>However, careers in the creative field are so demanding and time consuming,
Only if you allow them to be.
>how can we possibly experience all the beauty in life if we are stuck at a desk?
Don't be stuck at a desk.
>Sure, we are avoding the "desk life" office job, but at a job like that you at least get to leave after 8 hours. It seems to me that when you decide to have this career you are looking at more like 12 hour days than 8 hour days.
I've worked for over 20 years as a creative professional, and I've only had to put in more than 8 hours a day a couple of times a year.
>Think of Feng Zhu, how the hell does he work on big films like I am Legend and then have time to make a video teaching students about storyboaring? He just does this stuff nonstop.
Effective time management.

You're overthinking this.
>>
>>2962149
>As artist, we are meant to translate and express the most beautiful and valued parts through visuals.
>how can we possibly experience all the beauty in life if we are stuck at a desk?
Based on this, either you're a NGMI or some "modern art" bullshitter. That or you haven't experienced shit about life. Not trying to be edgy, but it's people like you with these over-inflated views and brimming with "creativity" that usually are shit artists.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.