[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, is anyone able to give me some critique? I'm trying

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: bloodlust_by_zasteba-db7kwsu.jpg (43KB, 979x816px) Image search: [Google]
bloodlust_by_zasteba-db7kwsu.jpg
43KB, 979x816px
Hey guys, is anyone able to give me some critique? I'm trying to get better at my digital rendering techniques
>>
>>2960800
stop tracing.
>>
>>2960835
Thanks for the compliment I guess?
>>
>>2960841
everything else (shoulders, hair, neck to shoulders) is horribly out of proportion, yet the facial features don't suit, whilst yet the brush marks and economy are total trash.

the rendering on the hair and lack thereof on the bust are also a dead give away. (in comparison to the face.

you magically know where light should fall on the features of the face but dont know the first thing about rendering hair (the easy part)

we have been here a long time, and have tried all the tricks in the book.

go to level up if you want normie shit like this to pass.
>>
>>2960845
Isn't level-up like the most normie platform for artists you can find? Scrolled through the facebook critique group and it's one hell of a hugbox.
>>
>>2960845
I mean youre a dick, but thanks for the critique. After spending a day working on the face I couldn't get myself to do the hair right. Frankly, I'm kind of trash at hair which is why I strayed away from the reference for that part, I just wanted it done.

Why is everyone such a cunt on this board? I don't understand the elitism revolving around art here, especially when everyone who posts shitty criticism sucks too. Why can't you guys just be chill like /fit/ and pump each other up to do better? I don't get it.
>>
File: wowmuchwow.png (1MB, 1784x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wowmuchwow.png
1MB, 1784x1080px
lmao
gtfo
>>
>>2960856
That critique wasn't even that harsh.
>>
>>2960857
I've been painting/drawing for years but got into digital recently. I'm learning techniques that are helping me bridge the gap.

>>2960858
It was a good critique, but hes just a cunt
>>
>>2960856
its not us being a dick but you who are lying.
who is more of a dick?
the brutally honest man or a liar?

you are tracing.
i have been around the block a few times m8, and its obvious.
i can help you if you post your reference, but until you do that (which you wont because of obvious reasons) i cant help you.
>>
>>2960859
Sorry that you didn't get the ass pats you wanted.
>>
>>2960857
Made me lol though, thanks for the kek

>>2960860
Here's the reference for you
>>
>>2960859
>I've been painting/drawing for years
that first painting of a face shows you know nothing about facial construction digital or not.

stop tracing, thats your critt, now go away or post in the draw thread like everyone else. you dont need a solo thread just to get you ass blown out.
>>
>>2960864
why did you not just do a straight up study?
>>
>>2960873
I did, but I didn't feel like learning how to draw realistic hair too in the same day so I just did whatever. I'd rather start my next study tomorrow instead of fucking around with this one any longer than I already have
>>
>>2960860
if you overlay the two its pretty clear I didn't trace. I wish i took photos of my process, but oh well. Ill do that next time. There are still some things I'm really bad at, but I figured out skin today. Do you have any good tutorials for hair?
>>
OP kinda has a point tho, on /ic/ you get shat on for various reasons but rarely because you're a cunt who actually deserves it. It's like the opposite of deviantart, like reverse cancer or something, I don't know.
>>
File: 2017-04-30_0422.png (847KB, 1651x1194px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-30_0422.png
847KB, 1651x1194px
>>2960845
Ok so I did some more work on it, but I'm still not sure how to make hair look realistic. I think its an improvement though. The main problem is finding where the light is supposed to hit IMO.
>>
>>2961094
hairline doesn't follow the xyz position of her face. Also the haur on her right side sticks out way too much
>>
>>2960800
YOU DID IT AGAIN

>closes the door and locks it

WHAT DID I TELL YOU, NEWFAG WHAT THE FUCK DID I TELL YOU LAST TIME

>undos belt
>grabs you from behind

STOP MAKING YOUR OWN FUCKING THREADS!

>throws you on the couch
>starts beating you with the belt
>smack
>smack
>smack

STOP *smack MAKING *smack YOUR *smack OWN *smack THREADS!!

READ THE FUCKING STICKY! *smack

POST IN THREADS THAT ALREADY EXIST!!! *smack

>you're bleeding and crying now
>smack
>smack

GET *smack IT THROUGH *smack YOUR SKULL!! *smack

YOU'RE WHY MOMMY LEFT, YOU FUCKING IDIOT!! *smack

STOP MAKING ME DO THIS!! *smack

>smack
>smack
>smack
>smack

FUCK!!

>throws you to the ground
>you lay in a heap sobbing
>reties belt

I HAD BETTER NOT SEE ANOTHER FUCKING THREAD FROM YOU AGAIN. YOU POST IN THAT GODDAMNED BEG THREAD WITH YOUR RETARD FRIENDS AND YOU DON'T COME OUT AGAIN!! YOU UNDERSTAND ME!!!

>unlocks door
>leaves you to find the loomis books
>>
>>2961416
this makes me moist
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.