[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone has a good method of sculpting and sticking in place very

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Photo 4-24-17, 10 25 50 PM.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Photo 4-24-17, 10 25 50 PM.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Anyone has a good method of sculpting and sticking in place very thin, little parts? The point of the upper crown are annoying me to no end. I've redone it 3 times.
>>
>>2960709
could you resize your pic, pls
>>
File: rsz_photo_4-24-17_10_25_50_pm.png (534KB, 612x816px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_photo_4-24-17_10_25_50_pm.png
534KB, 612x816px
>>2960721
Here ya go.
>>
What material are you using?
Try using an armature
>>
>>2960709
Double king!
>>
bump for interest
>>
File: 1492462113192.png (911KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492462113192.png
911KB, 1920x1080px
>>2960875
It's a national brand of oil clay, extra firm type. I'd assume to be similar to Chavant, but perhaps a bit more cheaper in quality.
I'll try to use the thinnest wire gauge I have, it's 1mm, thanks.

>>2960881
Ya know it.
>>
>>2960709
You might want to try modeling wax.

https://www.amazon.com/Sculpture-House-Microcrystalline-Wax-lb/dp/B004BNDNII/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1493630163&sr=8-8&keywords=modeling+wax

It's very hard when cool, and with just your hand you can warm it up and work it like clay. Heated tools, like a scalpel in a candle, can be used to cut, and weld pieces. It will hold a lot of weight before you need armature, and if you want sheets, you can melt it slowly and pour onto a cookie tin or something. When it's hard, it can be carved, and will hold a ton of detail. It's been around forever, Leonardo used it, and if you ever get an urge to try casting, this is what you use for lost casting. Uncast, in a cool spot, it should hold it's form for years. You can even varnish it.
>>
>>2962370
I have toy wax, which should be the same or work very similarly I assume?!
But how does the wax stick to clay?
>>
>>2963011
It might be the same.

I didn't mean use the wax for the crown, I meant future projects. I found it to be a superior medium for small scale figures with high degrees of detail.

I looked up toy wax, it's similar to what I linked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY3sze2S3Y4

You might be able to super glue the wax to the clay, or embed metal rods to sink into the clay - and can then be removed if you're going to fire the clay in the oven.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.