[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /ic/. What do you think of this guy's art? He's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: old and new.png (2MB, 2956x1672px) Image search: [Google]
old and new.png
2MB, 2956x1672px
Hey, /ic/. What do you think of this guy's art? He's called Funamusea, but you might know him as Mogeko. He's made several popular RPG maker games.

His art receives frequent praise, and I guess I can understand, since some of his older stuff is pretty cute, but I feel like there's been a severe quality decline in his work in more recent years. But guess the fuck what? No one fucking talks about it. All I see is praise, and I feel like I'm the only one seeing this drop. What do you guys think? Am I just delusional or has his art actually gotten worse?
>>
File: Antenonaplate.jpg (436KB, 1131x1708px) Image search: [Google]
Antenonaplate.jpg
436KB, 1131x1708px
I honestly love Funamusea's stuff, ever since I started played Wadanohara I was hooked. I haven't really noticed much a decline, though, honestly. Their recent work has a lot of blatant janky anatomy, but that seemed to be present in all their work, I just assumed it was now becoming more visible because they were drawing more naked people than before.

Honestly, I think the reason people complains about the possible change in quality is because most of Funamusea's fans don't follow them for the technical quality of their art. I love this stuff because it scratches a certain weebish itch deep inside my soul that has been festering since middle school, not because I think their art is great. Most of the English fan base seems to be high schoolers too, who tend to be less critical of these things.
>>
>>2960647
Funamusea's blocky anatomy is becoming more apparent in their clothed character as well. They used to draw with sleek and curvy lines, and it looked light and fluffy and was overall fun to look at, but now it just seems blocky no matter what angle you look at it from.

I'll still continue to follow them, because I enjoy their stories and whatnot, but I'd be lying if I said as a longtime fan, the sudden drop wasn't a little jarring.
>>
>>2960624
His art got so much worse. I thought I was the only one who thought that way
Also their stories suck fucking ass, and the thing they did to Korean people was pretty shitty. So I can't bring myself to like them.
>>
Also, is Funamusea really a dude? I thought they were a woman from how much Stanick x Ivilis yaoi they were putting out.
>>
>>2960662
>and the thing they did to Korean people was pretty shitty

What are you talking about? storytime pls
>>
>>2960666
Well Satan, no one actually knows Funamusea's gender, they keep it under wraps. A lot of people assume they're a guy, despite their yaoi junk. They do make yuri from time to time too though, and I remember reading a Q&A thing back in 2014, with them confirming every non-human character was bi.
>>
>>2960624
His art got "shit" when he started drawing the wada manga.
He has never drawn mangas seriously before and that took a huge toll on his skill.
>>
>>2960667
Koreans got offended because they used a symbol commonly associated with WWII and they blocked Korean IPs from accessing their site IIRC
>>2960683
And yet they have 12.5K followers on twitter. I guess we're all gonna make it bros
>>
File: 002.png (468KB, 600x870px) Image search: [Google]
002.png
468KB, 600x870px
>>2960683
Trust me, it was shit before that. On the subject of manga though, Obsolete Dream had decent art before, pic related.

>seriously
When has this fucker ever drawn anything seriously? He had games slated for a 2015 or 2016 release but we still haven't got them because he's too busy making horrible "drawings" of Satanick forcefully rubbing his dick all over Ivlis. Sure, you can argue he's released commercial manga over this period, and he normally gives his games out for free, but it's sure been a minuscule amount. He could've been doing so much more, but instead he draws mpreg, and the product of that mpreg forcing himself on the man who birthed him in his sleep.
>>
File: 004.png (579KB, 600x830px) Image search: [Google]
004.png
579KB, 600x830px
>>2960749
For reference, here's a page of the most recent Obsolete Dream chapter. Look me in the eyes and tell me it's better than what I posted before from chapter 4.

(hint: you fucking can't)
>>
>>2960751
>(hint: you fucking can't)
No shit sherlock, how is anyone going to look you in the eyes on /ic/?
>>
>>2960749
Your problem is actually liking Mogeko honestly, get good taste and go back to drawing
>>
>>2960624
Looks like standard anime garbage to me.
>>
>>2960624
I think he's got a cute style as far as cutesy anime shit goes. He has a good handle on his coloring and tones now and you can save the shittiest of manga drawings with pretty colors as far as normies go.

I think it's fine.
>>2960671
Lol almost everyone who conceals gender is either a girl or a pedo (like that person on deviantart back in the day that pictured themselves as a bunny, maintained they were a guy, later came out as "female" and it was all fishy).

I don't remember his name though.
>>
>>2960624
Don't know the guy but looking at those images I would say two things:

1) No improvements

2) He seem to rely on shitty generic "tumblr" expressions in his newer stuff.

So overall a decline.
>>
>>2960624
1. Literally who
2. highschool tier anime trash
3. Fuck off funamusea read the sticky
>>
>>2962330
>He seem to rely on shitty generic "tumblr" expressions in his newer stuff.

I agree the art isn't great but fuck off with this
>>
>>2960624
just one question : how autistic are you
>>
>>2962392
Why if it is the truth?

In the old he at least try to draw the expressions on his own. In the new he rely on generic symbolism to convey the expressions which in turn just makes his art more generic.
>>
>>2962395
Tumblr is large hands, ambiguously brown people and blocky red noses.
>>
>>2960751
woow they got lazy
>>
so why dont we have mods here again? this whole thread basically just exists to shit on mogeko for no reason. which is one of the things that really dont belong on this crappy board. its like you people want this board to sink to the deepest level of shitposting or something. im not even saying you cant find mogekos art bad or good or whatever but this whole thread is unproductive shit whining from people who probably all come from /beg/.
>>
>>2960647

like this one
>>
>>2960749
where do you find these comics
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.