[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how come there are way fewer accomplished female artists than

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

how come there are way fewer accomplished female artists than males?
are men just better at drawing/painting?
>>
I think women have less drive to be competitive or the best at something. They probably tend to just be happier doing their hobby for the sake of it
>>
>>2960298
This.
>>
Historically, women were both less likely to get education and women's works have simply been taken less seriously than men's on average. There's a reason why many female artists and authors have used gender-neutral or male pen names.

>>2960273
This one is definitely a tendency but it's not very clear if it's a cultural or a biological one.
>>
Men have better visual-spatial memory iirc.
>>
Would you rather a) be unhappy but one of the best or b) happy but mediocre?
>>
It's going the other way now. Studios tends to hire people they see as pleasant to work with. They stay in school longer now because it's more advantageous for them to do so. If they have someone to support them, there's no point of letting your education aside. There was tons of female artists where I used to work. Something made me mad though, they always get free trip to see masterclasses and shit. I saw /ic/ tier female artists ending up being more technically skilled than me because instead of working they are being educated. Oh, and also my boss was a feminist.
>>
>>2960390
>tfw unhappy and mediocre
>>
>>2960388

Can't women see more colors than men? I think it's why Studio Ghibli hires them.
>>
On an IQ distribution, women are more likely to be near the middle. Men are more likely to be thick or geniuses.

Now add to that millennia of women not be allowed to work as artists, or being banned from life drawing classes. Also, they are the ones rearing the next generation.

Ergo, men are more likely to have the spark, and then be able to act on it.
>>
File: 1434217714967.jpg (123KB, 1280x1783px) Image search: [Google]
1434217714967.jpg
123KB, 1280x1783px
>>2960273
8 hours a day, regardless of gender or you will NGMI
>>
>>2960479
I believe so, also men are much more likely to be color blind. But when it comes to things like mentally rotating an object or perspective men have a natural edge I believe.
>>
>>2960484
I don't think you need super high IQ to be a great artist.

More likely, men are more likely to obsess over their craft to an unreasonable extent. Not really a smart thing for someone to do, since it leaves you with nothing if you fail, but those who take this risk are the only ones who become great.

Most likely this trait got selected out for most women since it's not conducive to squirting out babies and there is no evolutionary upside for those that become successful. Thus men end up at the very top of every field even if the average man has no particular advantage.
>>
Art was essentially a male only field for a long time, so almost all the famous artists of the past and present are men. It's not neuroscience, it's just basic history.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.