[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So where should I start if I have no drawing ability whatsover;

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: drawnsquares.jpg (11KB, 483x319px) Image search: [Google]
drawnsquares.jpg
11KB, 483x319px
So where should I start if I have no drawing ability whatsover; I can't even draw a half-decent straight line or square. I've heard drawabox is good for people in my position; is this true?
>>
sticky link is in the beginner thread
>>
>>2958839
I feel completely outclassed by everything in the sticky. Even the example of bad symbol drawing looks like a masterpiece compared to what I can do.
>>
>>2958815
drawabox = ISIS
>>
>>2958847
you just sort of practice. ALOT. dude. try to use what you learn to deconstruct pictures to get an idea of everything
>>
>>2958881
What the fuck do I practice then?
>>
>>2958951
practice drawing robots, cartoon characters, landscapes, aliens, fruit, whatever, it doesnt matter. it will look like shit, the point is getting comfortable with the concept of putting the image in your head on to the paper through your arm. it has to be a hobby before it can be a craft, you have to enjoy it on its own merits.

if you dont have any inspiration to create you'll never have any reason to push yourself to get better. you're going to draw a million cubes and cones and faceless mannequins and you'll want to hang yourself. dont do that. you're still at a point where simply practicing and looking at your own art critically can teach you so much more. there's no point in asking for specific exercises or techniques yet, there's nothing to hone.
>>
File: el leon.webm (419KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
el leon.webm
419KB, 1920x1080px
>>2958847
>Even the example of bad symbol drawing looks like a masterpiece compared to what I can do
Yessss, I remember this feel.
People will meme drawabox but I really dissaprove of the jump from musclememory straight lines&boxes to a fucking mouse/leaf or whatever it was.
Learn measuring and intuitive gesture, that's what really clicked for me. you wanna draw realistically, then what you see on the paper should match what you see in real life, right? So hold up a stick and measure the distances between shit. "The crease of this thing is two head-neck lengths& a little smidgerooni from this fold here"
And then, once you know all that? Say fuck it and throw lines wherever the hell you feel like. Draw shapes of negative space just as often as shapes of the subject. Is this shape miles off target? Just draw lightly in the first place so you can move the line to where it belongs. In between this, you can use measuring wellthis thing-o aligns with this thingyalong a horizontal line, this space is two times longer than that, this goes this way and whatever. When I was taking drawing1 this semester, my teacher put up a few boxes on the table in the middle of all our easels and put on loud rock music and told us to just draw. Then he stopped us and told us to go to the sisal to our right. A minute or so later, again. Again. Left this time. Right again. At this point it fucking clicked, and once we had rotated back too our original positions, I had drawn my favorite stack of boxes all semester. When I got home I started scratching out a couple big cats from google images, though it's just a quick sketch I enjoy the way it shows off my technique.
Here's a Proko video that my draw1 prof liked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzDGO0LssEM
Sorry for the blogpost, and sorry if I butchered this lesson, I just really connected with the "bad portrait study looks like a masterpiece to me" sentiment and it feels like such a hurdle between there and the starting line to getting gud
>>
>>2958815
the sticky is your best start mate read it.
Alternatively post in a beginner tread.
>>
>>2958815
Look up Peter Han, learn to draw straight lines without a ruler.
>>
read keys to drawing
>>
>>2958849
Can I get a quick rundown on this meme
>>
>>2959949
quick rundown on this poster?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.