[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why there is still old sticky with old links, when we have new

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: nes.png (234KB, 1190x1318px) Image search: [Google]
nes.png
234KB, 1190x1318px
Why there is still old sticky with old links, when we have new "Big Sticky" from Begginer Thred, where is a way more informations and links.
I don't say we should replace old links, we can have them for nostalgia, but schouldn't sombody in charge make new sticky with new link added? Wouldn't it be rational?
>>
>>2958675
Not really. There's several reasons why using the Big Sticky that gets passed around is sorta a bad idea

>stickies need to be digestible. If this were the new sticky it'd be the longest on the site by a country mile. You can only justify telling someone to "read the sticky" when it's not a book unto itself. The sticky needs to be primer for the board, the basics, and the common sense. Everything else that can be learned from /ic/ and its community should be done by lurking moar. A sticky that replaces the need to lurk moar is poor idea, it removes the need for /ic/ as a reference itself. If people find the doc by lurking moar already then it's already doing its job.

>This goes way outside the scope of an /ic/ sticky. It's also incomplete. There are a lot of things talked about that don't need to be required reading. How to get popular on certain websites, good youtube channels, etc. That's not really the place of 4chan moderation to officially endorse or sanction as a sticky.

>The Big Sticky is a working document that's still incomplete in places. if it's stickied as is then it's either subject to change (which isn't good for a static sticky) or it'll remain as a static version (which isn't good for a WIP). All this is to say that if people stopped deluding themselves into thinking this will replace the sticky they could expand its scope more and improve it even moreso. Not as something that newbies need to read but something that's handy for any /ic/ member.

The current sticky needs an overhaul but this "bigger is better" approach is not the way to do it.
>>
>>2958701
That is why I suggested not to get rid of old sticky, but add link to bigger one in old sticky post.
>>
>>2958701
But you are probably right, after all.
>>
They can find the beginner thread. There's a catalog. We're all big kids here. Technically.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.