[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure if this belongs here. I'm not an artist by any

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Not sure if this belongs here. I'm not an artist by any means but last night I had an idea to animate a painting from the 19th century. I spent all of today messing around in After Effects and came up with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85qukvwUPlU

What do you guys think? What works? What doesn't? Should I continue animating the rest of the painting?
>>
helps to hd & full screen to see the detail
>>
>>2958051
It looks good actually. Although I'm a huge fan of hudson river school stuff already. I'd rather not touch their work like that o.O

You've got trees, light rays/clouds. I don't know how you'll animate those however.
>>
The idea is neat but I think you chose a part that doesn't contribute. Especially since the entire body of water is suppose to be in movement. Some leafs moving in the wind or an actual animation of your own that blends in might have a better effect. Good first try though.
>>
>>2958069
Thanks. I don't disagree with you. I chose that body of water because it seemed like the most straightforward thing to do. I really like the idea of leaves blowing in the wind, I'll have to add that in

>>2958067
Thanks, and sorry for defiling work. To be honest, I'm not quite sure how I'll animate those things either. Right now my plan is to

a) create a separate water flow for the water going down hill
b) have a splashing effect for the water hitting the rock in front of the boat
c) create another water flow for the water going down into the canyon
d) have the branches of the tree on the right bend a bit so they look like it's moving with the wind
e) have the clouds pan a bit
f) something with the light rays
>>
>>2958073
I like this, it's pleasing to the eye. You should definitely do something about the sky, make it come alive.
What's your final goal with this? I can't see any other application than making a GIF.
>>
>>2958209
I have no idea. Gifs, animated wallpapers, videos could work but I'm not a fan of any of those mediums. They don't suit the art. If I ever made enough (good ones) of these, I'd love to have a gallery where HD monitors show a single painting
>>
>>2958051
That quite intresting how did you come up with this idea?
>>
>>2958425
Hearthstone golden cards lol
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.