[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you were gonna join an art college and try to make it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1414122132.jpg (39KB, 555x621px) Image search: [Google]
1414122132.jpg
39KB, 555x621px
>tfw you were gonna join an art college and try to make it as a video game artist but you saw the light at the last second
>will now learn web development/design to gain a stable job while fully devoting myself to digital art for freelance on the side

Yeah, I AM gonna make it.
>>
>>2956931

Tbh im doing the same thing with optometry because comfy job, but university is hard
>>
Post work.
>>
>>2956931

you'll have a stable career in web development, but you'll never do much freelance art. you just won't have a prayer of competing with the full-timers, and all the jobs you manage to get will pay so piss-poor compared to your web design, you'll stop bothering with art jobs for money.

nothing wrong with being a hobbyist, but don't fool yourself that you'll ever be more than that. art is all or nothing.
>>
>>2956931
You shouldn't take getting a stable, in-house job as web designer for granted, considering that field is actually even more oversaturated more competitive than art. There are hundreds of thousands of freelance web designers out there who can't get stable employment.

Not trying to demotivate you, just don't be surprised when you approach both web design and art in a half assed manner, you probably won't get a career in either.
>>
>>2956935
i believe in you anon
>>
>tfw fell for the engineering meme
>>
>>2956979
this
>>
>>2956931
that's right, you're gonna make it!
>>
>>2956964
>art is all or nothing
That's simply wrong, and if you really believe this not only are you not gonna make it but you're going to end up homeless. Having a job in the arts is all about having multiple sources of income, because just your art is not going to get you anywhere. Assuming OP actually makes it with his web development, then he has a stable career and can still find time to draw/get better, and eventually get good enough to start doing comission work or something on the side for extra money.

>>2956979 is right though, work fucking hard if you want this to actually work OP
>>
I was taking pharmacy at uni for that reason, saw the light when I attempted suicide, failed, transferred to illustration bc it was the kick up my ass i needed. I'm taking a fair good number of comissions and finishing projects now. There's something different about being in a situation where you either make money or be homeless with no back up.
>>
>>2956964
/thread
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.