[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know it's weird to say, but art like this is kinda boring

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_oozocuEUJt1ra6kfto1_540.png (521KB, 540x756px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oozocuEUJt1ra6kfto1_540.png
521KB, 540x756px
I know it's weird to say, but art like this is kinda boring to me.
I don't know why but a lot of the old art i saw on tumblr as a kid had something that made it stand out, even though it was less good then stuff like this at least it stood out.
Even though this is good,it seems boring to me.
Or maybe it's because before this SJW stuff, At least the people on tumblr dressed and made Men and Women act and dress like their gender. Unlike now, where they look like preppy metrosexuals and bull dykes.
Am i the only one that thinks this? or am i being silly?
>>
>men and women act and dress like their gender
That guy in OP dresses like a rich doctor on the way to take a three day trip on his private yacht.

I'm sort of tired of the 80/90s vaporwave aesthetic that isn't purposeful, though.
>>
>>2956674
Sorry maybe i'm used to seeing gays dress like that
>>
I find the 80s, 90s aesthetic worship boring as hell. Vaporwave needs to leave for good. I hate traditionally "good" design as well. Tumblr sucks for finding graphic design inspiration, I find pinterest much more effective
>>
>>2956686
It's pretty much affluent white dad or Ivy League trust fund baby clothing (which does cross over with some gay fashion).
Anyway, if you don't like the art you're looking at, unfollow or block and then follow artists whose work you actually enjoy. There's always going to be artists or trends you dislike, so just weed them out of your inspiration zones.

>>2956687
Link to a decent graphic design Pinterest, please? I really want to start studying elements of GD, but I find a lot of it to be derivative.
>>
>>2956704
pinterest .com/energynext/graphic-design/

link to mine, you might like some of the stuff. the best thing about pinterest is you can click on a design you like and view like 30 other ones similar
>>
>>2956712
Thanks, anon! Interesting stuff--a lot of art I didn't realize could fall under graphic design.
>>
File: QNkti7z.jpg (136KB, 1080x866px) Image search: [Google]
QNkti7z.jpg
136KB, 1080x866px
Neon is boring, they need to bring late 70's - 80's sci-fi back, blockiness and all.
>>
>>2956665
>tumblr
>as a kid
underage ban neck yourself also why do the number captchas never work?
>>
>>2956729
we need to craft a new reality untethered to nostalgia
>>
>>2956734
Impossible, everything takes inspiration from something.
>>
>>2956732
I would just browse it as a kid, i never posted it
>>
>>2956732
why did you mention the last part
>>
>>2956738
because whenever I get a number captcha they dissolve and never go through and a got one that time
>>
>>2956687

>I dont like something, so therefore it should not exist
>>
>>2956746
Oh that's happen to me before to.
Just use the other ones like pictures
>>
>>2956729
I used to have a couple vintage calculators with those bright green phosphor displays, man that shit looked amazing. Now they stopped working, maybe the phosphor degraded over the years?
>>
>>2956749
Maybe that was a harsh way of putting it, but it's played out. Nothing new can come of it
>>
>>2956779
Just find an artist you like and dont worry about other people
>>
>>2956749
Vaporwave IS oversaturating art, though. It really needs to go. Maybe some artists can keep drawing with that aesthetic but it has really gotten tiresome.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.