[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you as disgusted by this graffiti as all the fine arts students

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Are you as disgusted by this graffiti as all the fine arts students seem to be?

>Just for context, for people who still think this is funny: this exhibition has already faced a lot of vandalism including pieces being knocked over and broken, aggressive messages being put up on the work, etc. And as far as we know this is the most vandalized any exhibition has ever been. As Michael said earlier, this is equivalent to someone coming into a Chem lab and scrawling all over someone's final project.
>>
>>2955698
On the one hand, it is funny to make fun of fine arts students. I think a lot of fine art is garbage and stupid.

But it's extremely shitty to deface someone else's work in any way.

I still feel sad occasionally about a drawing a mean classmate tore up of mine in middle school even though compared to what I do now it was trash anyway.

>bitch turned around, she was sitting at my desk for group projects
>Asked if she could tear the drawing while holding it up
>Before I could even answer she already tore into it
>Had to get right in her face (Known as a violent person back then) before she stopped
>teacher did nothing but i got written up for trying to bring a cup to the water fountain, something the principal agreed was retarded (I wanted to just fill it up, drink it at the fountain, then come back with the empty cup)
>hate that teacher so much i'm raging about it autistically on an unrelated 4chan post
>>
>>2955698
I think most "fine art" made after WW1 should be thrown in a pile and burned. The artists should be lined up and shot.
>>
>>2955698
A true contemporary fine artist would view the graffiti as part of the artistic experience of their piece and adopt it as part of their project
>>
>>2955698
um if the greentext thing is true then yes, go fuck up some real art if you have something to say, don't mess with some kids lol, is lame
>>
Any vandalism to a piece becomes part of the work. There will always be a reason for interference, and it affects any piece of art.
>>
>>2955698
>>2955755
I get it now. The art student vandalized it themselves to stir up controversy and make themselves look important and ground breaking. Trying to distinguish themselves so they can shill better to "art galleries."
>>
>>2955698
Not really the same as your chemistry example, not at all in fact.
>>
>>2955738
I think the same as you here, art is supposed to create a reaction, wheter a mental, emotional or any other type, the result should be something good to be expected from the artist, whether is a positive or bad reaction. >>2955755
>>
>>2955698
besides, I dont respect this type of art anyways, we are squeezing the concept of art so much that we put anything on display assuming will cause some kind of artistic reaction on people, art is subjective and it depends on who makes it not who watches it, the artist is the one that puts contexts on their work, and sometimes the context just doesnt match with the content.
>>
This is what I commented
>This guerrilla recontextualization of the act of art criticism from its traditional position as a distant and academic activity—rendered in learned manuscript or in type—into a raw and visceral one interpreted through crude, heavy strokes lays bare the effect on the artist and challenges the viewer to make sense of it in terms of its position in the discourse and in terms of its temporal relationship with the rest of the exhibition.
>>
I would hate for it to happen to me, but this is a shitty piece therefore this is pretty funny
>>
>>2955698
Can anyone explain what that thing is in OP? Is that written on the piece of paper or the glass?

>chemistry student
>not having a backup of any of your files
I will wreck your shit if you mess with my synthesis though
>>
>>2955698
>fine art student's shit piece in any way comparable to someone's chem lab final project
>>
>>2957213
the paper, that's the artist's statement i imagine
>>
>>2957220
Sorry, should have explained I was wondering what the thing on the pillow is.
>>
>>2957221
it's the artwork which is called 'clay baby,' apparently, and appears to be ceramic
>>
>>2957215
It's like if the chem research projects were up on posters, and beside each poster was a sheet of paper with the student's name and the paper's abstract, and someone wrote on that.
>>
>>2955698
It's disrespectful but ultimately it's not harming the actual artwork itself. It's just written on a printout of the artist statement. It's a bit hard to make out the writing through the pixelation, but it does seem pretty pompous. It's kinda funny but I can understand why the artist would be upset.
>>
File: mayfield_parrish_002.jpg (1MB, 2000x1725px) Image search: [Google]
mayfield_parrish_002.jpg
1MB, 2000x1725px
>>2955720
>pleb doesn't know Maxfield Parrish

If, somehow, one day it's up to representational artists to decide who lives and dies, you'll be put down right after all the fans of Duchamp. Degeneracy is only slightly worse than willful ignorance
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.