[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >be bored at school, car trip etc >have just

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_oh02f9IIaa1tturleo1_1280.jpg (387KB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oh02f9IIaa1tturleo1_1280.jpg
387KB, 1280x1600px
>be me
>be bored at school, car trip etc
>have just pen/pencil and notebook
>draw pretty good things, have a lot of ideas what to draw next

>be 100% ready for drawing
>music, pencils, energy, etc
>draw really shitty things, no ideas what to draw
>>max tilt
>>max sadness
What to do? How to cure this?
Or drawing isnt thing made for me?
Random pic
>>
hang yourself
>>
>>2952686
Not now
I live with family, close to friends
Need to go to other part of world to do it
>>
File: karl.png (192KB, 492x440px) Image search: [Google]
karl.png
192KB, 492x440px
>>2952686
>>
File: woahhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg (6KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
woahhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg
6KB, 265x190px
>>2952674
it's communicating...
>>
Watch sycra video on art block! It'll help a lot. Watch it dammit!
>>
>>2952674
Get yourself bored!
>>
>>2952674
You already came up with ideas, use them. Redraw the things that you drew at school, but do it better.

Add a full background while paying attention to the flow of the entire image. Repeat until you get a composition that you can be proud of, then bring it to completion.
>>
>>2952674
>be bored at school, car trip etc
>draw really shitty things, no ideas what to draw
How about you draw your fucking surroundings?
>>
>>2954542
I think that OP meant that when they have structured time to draw and JUST draw, then they suddenly don't have ideas, as opposed to when they are at school, when they have an they are in abundance.
>>
>>2954549
Whoops, my bad.

Still, if you (OP) find yourself too distracted at home go to a place where you can draw in peace, be it life drawing or else. If you sit down with the intention to create something great, pressure is high on you, leading to 'art block'. You seem motivated, so just try out going easy on you, maybe starting with some loose warm-up exercises on cheap paper. Good luck.
>>
>>2954560
again with wrong assumptions

when did OP said he can't draw at home because of distractions? He clearly can draw when distracted since outside there are more distractions than at home

>adn now to respond to OP

most likely you can draw when outside because you get inspired by it, and when in isolation, when you want to actually draw, you have no inspiration

knowing that's your problem, you can come up with a solution easy. Find something to inspire you, but without distracting too much

have some pics with subjects you like or pics saved from artists you like, scroll thru them before drawing for inspiration

or have a movie playing in the background. Best is to be a movie which you have seen before, so that the story doesn't distract you from drawing, and have nice visual with subjects you like. If you know the story, you can focus more on the little details.

that's literally what kjg did for years , and I started doing it too, and saw bigger improvements than ever
>>
cure it by stopping caring about what you're doing
a good way to learn to do this is reduce your tools (use shitty tools)
this allows you to relax and execute your ideas better
>>
>>2954604
no, using SHITTY TOOLS is not helpful

use SIMPLE TOOLS instead
>>
>>2954608
well maybe
personally what i like to do is i use a stubby pencil, maybe 1 or 2 crayons and a piece of paper that's been folded many times. i just draw on one side of the paper, go to the next and continue. it really does help me a lot because i can take it anywhere and you dont really care if you make a whole lot of ugly drawings on it.
>>
>>2954611
indeed, but you must be careful with your words. What for you might mean a shitty tool (cheap simple stuff) for somebody might be the opposite (shitty over expensive tools) while simple might mean something found everywhere, or something simple in design, while something found everywhere is not always something simple

I knew what you meant from the first time, but wanted to make sure OP does too
>>
>>2954608
This.
For some reason SAI really inspires creativity for me because it's such a simple program. It's just you and the canvas.
>>
Thanks all of you
Thread closed
>>
>>2957498
Hello?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.