[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My first drawing. I followed: introtofiguredrawing by Mandy Boursicot

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: firstdrawing.jpg (2MB, 1512x2016px) Image search: [Google]
firstdrawing.jpg
2MB, 1512x2016px
My first drawing. I followed: introtofiguredrawing by Mandy Boursicot

How do I refine my shading? It looks really horrible imo, I just can't do it / don't know how.

Are there in-depth tutorials on how to render lights and shadows?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>2952583
Nice OP. I think it looks pretty decent. Much better than my first. Never lose that hatred for your work though. Pic related, first drawing.
>>
>>2952588
Oh believe me, I wont lose that anytime soon. Thanks btw and nice hand haha, they are difficult to do.
>>
>>2952583
If this is your first drawing than kill yourself you have missed your entire child hood and human experince upunto this point and your life will be forever crippiled and broken.
>>
>>2952588
>that hand
Well, they did say that hands are the hardest things to draw. So don't worry about it and keep at it.
>>
File: jesusisgodperiod.jpg (411KB, 500x909px) Image search: [Google]
jesusisgodperiod.jpg
411KB, 500x909px
>>2952666
Jesus is God, dude. You need Him.
Loomis, got it, thanks!
>>
>>2952583

I'm not familiar with this Mandy Boursicot person, but i recognize the face as a Bargue plate and I have experience from one of the main Florentine ateliers.

The basic method that is taught in the beginning is stick to the contour and line drawing, and shadow shapes. The most important thing with shading is keeping edges either hard or soft; which help when you THINK OF HAFLTONES (SHADING, INBETWEEN VALUES) AS EXTENSION OF THE SOFT EDGE OF THE SHADOW SHAPE.

There's a lot more advanced stuff to that, but that's the fundamental aspect of putting value in the drawing that they taught at the Atelier I went to in the fist year.
>>
>>2952692
Any videos on that or in-depth tutorials etc?
I'm horrible at shading, idk what it is but I suck.
>>
>>2952583
i dont believe you
>>
>>2952583
>My first drawing.

yeah. no.
>>
>>2952583
Nice work mang, I would be happy with that if I'd made it. How much time did you invest?
>>
>>2953037
>>2953110
Well it is...

>>2953119
About an hour, an hour and a half.
>>
>>2952583
work on the transitions between light and shadow. use your eraser to re shape the edges of the shadows (I think Mandy calls it the "bed bug line")
>>
>>2952666
Ahhhh my childood...
>>
>>2953466
What would you recommend I read / watch to learn how to draw half-tones, soft edges, hard edges, etc?
>>
File: quickstudy.jpg (613KB, 864x1388px) Image search: [Google]
quickstudy.jpg
613KB, 864x1388px
Drew another, this time just studying form.
I find drawing 100x easier when you actually just block the shapes in instead of thinking about curves etc. I could never draw before, now it seems completely possible.

Still would like to get better, what kind of paper do you guys suggest for figure drawings with graphite?
>>
File: 1493014231587.png (89KB, 533x458px) Image search: [Google]
1493014231587.png
89KB, 533x458px
YOU DID IT AGAIN?

*closes the door and locks it*

WHAT DID I TELL YOU, NEWFAG? WHAT THE *FUCK* DID I TELL YOU LAST TIME?

*undos belt*
*grabs you from behind*

STOP SHITPOSTING!

*throws you on the couch*
*starts beating you with the belt*
*smack*
*smack*
*smack*

STOP *smack* SHIT *smack* FUCKING *smack* POSTING!!!

READ THE FUCKING STICKY! *smack*

POST IN THREADS THAT ALREADY EXIST!!! *smack*

*you're bleeding and crying now*
*smack*
*smack*

GET *smack* IT THROUGH *smack* YOUR SKULL!! *smack*

YOU'RE WHY MOMMY LEFT, YOU FUCKING IDIOT!! *smack*

STOP MAKING ME DO THIS!! *smack*

*smack*
*smack*
*smack*
*smack*

FUCK!!

*throws you to the ground*
*you lay in a heap sobbing*
*reties belt*

I HAD BETTER NOT SEE ANOTHER *FUCKING* SHITPOST FROM YOU AGAIN. YOU POST IN THAT GODDAMNED /BEG/ THREAD WITH YOUR RETARD FRIENDS AND YOU DON'T COME OUT AGAIN!! YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!!!

*unlocks door*
*leaves you to find the loomis books*
>>
>>2955354
Wanting to show my work so you guys can tell me what to improve, how to go about something is shit posting? Get lost kiddo.
>>
>>2955364
Fuck off, go to the fucking generals.

>>/beg/

It's there for a reason. You are not important enough to get your own personal thread.
>>
>>2955364
don't make your own threads, thanks. post your work in the beginner/draw threads.
>>
Lol, 4chan went from ok to this. Lmao
>>
>>2952583
Kill yourself
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.