[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is working for a video game studio the ultimate meme? Everyone

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1457710253507.jpg (205KB, 1009x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1457710253507.jpg
205KB, 1009x1200px
Is working for a video game studio the ultimate meme? Everyone hypes it up but you're at the whims of dumb game designers and the hours are hell. Plus most games are shit.
>>
>>2952339
i mean the 'concept artist wannabe' type is going to be soulless workers regardless. if the job turns out to be photobashing textures all day they can still tell people at parties they're artists who make video games or whatever, and that's all they want.
>>
Concept art is MC like job. AAA job is mostly for "normal" people and Chads.
>>
>>2952370

What jobs would you consider fun and worthwhile in comparison?
>>
>>2952393
pizza delivery guy
i have lost count of how many naked girls wait for me at the door. only been invited once tho
>>
>>2952404

oh cool nice shitpost

thought you were here to contribute to the thread
>>
>>2952409
think again!
>>
>>2952404
>not being a postman
Get on my level
>>
>>2952339

It all depends on the studio and what you want to do... I worked for a developer that create children's games and it was great. I painted and drew a lot of my stuff rather then bashing stuff together. I also worked at a huge engineering company and all of my stuff was mostly mate painting and UI work and very little character or environment design. You need to figure out what you enjoy and do it!
>>
>>2952469
Matte paintings? How do you get into that business?
>>
>>2952578
travel back in time
>>
yeah pretty much anon, it was actually a marketing gimmick back in 2002-2010 to get artist out of making real art that can have an effect instead by making shit art that will be hidden from view for a job that they will most likely never have. don't get me wrong there are jobs in the field but not to the amount that are market has made it out.. Most anons have fell for the meme including me for a brief second and im some one who has inrl friends who work for those companys.

I think it's all about who you know where you are at and how much money you can afford to spend to put you in locations where those people are.

IF you are on the teaching/supplying side than it might work for you. But if you a lel stary eyed student than you are just a joe schmoe sucker for the art industrail complex giving a few con-artist some of your hard earned cash for feeling of a better hope.
>>
>wanting to become a wageslave

self employed masterrace or death by starvation
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.