[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do you use this medium? People say it can used like

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Fuck gouache.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck gouache.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
How the fuck do you use this medium? People say it can used like a watercolor, yet it loses much of its opaque properties when you add too much water. How the fuck do you mix this shit properly?
>>
>>2951334
lol
>>
>Mix to the consistency of Elmer's glue
>Don't treat it like watercolor or acrylics. Gouache really is its own thing.
>>
>>2951356
>elmer's glue

I think you mean melted ice cream
>>
Add a drop of water next to your gouache, then proceed to pull some of the gouache into the water until the consistency is that of a creamy paste.
>>
Why do they use toxic pigments with water soluble paints? Isn't it much easier to be underbound and thus the toxic particles much easier to be free?
>>
>>2951362
>melted ice cream

You mean milk
>>
>>2951397
>milk

you mean semen
>>
>>2951334
it's just opaque matte paint lol, it couldn't be easier.
>>
Watercolor's super easy to get decent results, but extremely difficult to get great results.

Gouache is extremely difficult to get even decent results.
>>
This girl's video isn't bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFwAoQOF9S4
>>
>>2953295
you mean fresh blood. clearly.
>>
>>2951334
try this out.
1) start with no water in the paint and see how that feels.
2) add 1 droplet of water to it and try that out
3) keep going until it's all watery.

why? because this will give you a feel for how it works. there is no magic ration you just have to get a feel for it. AND different pigments need more/less water too so experiment.
>>
>>2953526
Why does so many youtube artists insist on wrecking their work by overuse of highlights??
>>
>>2951334
it is literally the matte paint of matte paint, you are not aiming to get lighter washes usually with it by adding water, u are instead trying for pure color from mixing, u wait for shit to dry, meticulously mix beforehand, lay the color down blend if needed wait a tiny bit like with acrylics and layer as needed. Yes it is expensive as fuck already, yest this means you will indeed use more paint, yes that is why most gouache paintings are much much smaller.
>>
File: Robocop Painting.jpg (2MB, 2265x3187px) Image search: [Google]
Robocop Painting.jpg
2MB, 2265x3187px
>>2951334
Just git good at it. Pic related, one of my recent gouache dickerys
>>
>>2954445
Looks more like watercolor. I don't think you're doing it right.
>>
>>2951334
Savoir Faire Opaque Watercolor Gouache
does it suck? i just ordered some.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.