[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's my birthday /ic/ I graduate art school in a few months

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: my birthday.png (777KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
my birthday.png
777KB, 1440x900px
It's my birthday /ic/
I graduate art school in a few months too.

Pic related, just drew this for myself. Thoughts?
>>
We have the same birthday, except I'm twice your age.
>>
>>2950023
you went to college for 2 fucking years you hack
>>
>>2950023
reason #1862 why you should never go to art school
>>
>>2950023
how embarrassing
>>
>>2950023
>>2950028
Happy birthday you d/ic/ks~
>>
>>2950023
>I graduate art school in a few months too.

Enjoy working in starbucks
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (229KB, 1156x900px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
229KB, 1156x900px
>>2950023
>>
You went to art school, congratulations you fucking hack. Your skills will deteriorate overtime because you won't keep up with your skills. Nobody will hire you, and you'll have owe thousands of dollars to the state.
>>
>>2950023
lol thats a pretty shitty drawing for having a degree m8
>>
>>2950114
kek
>>
File: C9gU-PyXkAAKnnW.jpg (44KB, 470x614px) Image search: [Google]
C9gU-PyXkAAKnnW.jpg
44KB, 470x614px
This is why I personally don't like art school. They run you through a little of everything and don't really let you do what you specifically want.

You could actually improve much farther than where you are right now with free tutorials and resources on YouTube if you have the patience and drive to do so.

Also please remember this: Art is subjective. Academic measures, such as a degree, will not make the art better if people simply don't like it. It is completely up to *you* to get where you want to be. Not some curriculum. Not some expensive education. You need an idea of what you want to do besides "I just want to draw good".
>>
>>2951414
To add on to that, lemme tell you some fundamentals and how you've done them.

>Proportion
Not too bad by itself(?). Nothing is actually *that* uncomfortably sized.

>Shape/Form
Honestly, it kinda feels like you drew this outright, without a sketch, or any sort of construction before it. That style can be fine, but you need to make things look a bit more consistent, namely the hands. The back one's like a leaf or some shit.

So because of that, I feel no confidence from the art since its foundation wasn't strong to begin with.

I'd highly recommend you learn/improve construction above all else. (Also remember that there's no "escape" from the fundamentals by cartooning; animators rely HELLA on shapes and shape language, for example.)

>Perspective
The whole thing implies we're looking at the image DIRECTLY from the side, like the flat side of a cube or some shit. DESPITE THIS: we can, for some reason, see the top of the stool, but NOT the top of the table, nor the layers of cake. A slight top-down, applied to everything, like the stool, would be more interesting, but at the moment, the stool itself stands out as inconsistent, and nothing actually implies that it's wobbling on its side, aside from the top part.

>Color
Overall, is very muted, minus the yellow "20". You can have more vibrancy in the image, if you know how to use colors well. So, study up on color theory.

Also get rid of that Outer Glow blending option; it waters down the entire thing significantly. The solid black background also does no justice in making the scene look any more festive and >>2950114's post actually looks more appropriate with such a backdrop.

Overall, I'm not trying to negate how far you've come through art school (assuming you've started from zero). However, I *am* saying that you have an extreme amount of improving you can do from this point in a matter of *days* or weeks.
>>
File: 1468802140515.jpg (48KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
1468802140515.jpg
48KB, 490x490px
>goes to art school for four years
>learns how to draw like a four year old

was it worth?
>>
happy one day late birthday dude
>>
Happy birthday OP

Shame they didn't teach you much in artschool.
>>
My first impression before you said its yours was that you found that pic on clipart. If thats the style youre going for then congrats i guess, it looks a little dated though
>>
>>2950028
>>2950023
Hahaha same birthday, except I'm half the sum of your ages
>>
>>2950023
Happy birthday anon. This place is full of depression and spite so I'd ignore this thread and go enjoy your birthday
>>
>do art in high school
>only care about getting good
>fail every art class and get good
>don't fall for the art college meme
>work full time while doing art on the side
>easily saved 20k this year with free time to spare
>won't be 80k in debt like everyone else
>normie friends still drawing three times less than me
>still haven't revealed my power level yet
>>2950023
Surely you're trolling? R-right anon?
>>
>>2951703
Post work. I want to see if i should follow your life choices too
>>
>>2951708
Choose what's best for yourself. Good night.
>>
Is he using his magical spic powers to not fall into the cake as he tried to make love to that flame?
>>
>>2951414
But how does one get a job when the job search databases throw out your CV because you don't have a degree?
>>
>>2954482
Don't worry they throw it out regardless
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.