[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When/why did western civilization start valuing originality over

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 448462f9acb92e0eb17fad06631f8b2f.jpg (566KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
448462f9acb92e0eb17fad06631f8b2f.jpg
566KB, 1920x1200px
When/why did western civilization start valuing originality over talent and execution?
>>
>>2949548
Not civilization, but patreons. The average person never saw those paintings.

Those works only exists because kings and the church sustained the artists.
>>
tl;dr version; jewish money schemes.
>>
File: 48548548548548548.jpg (237KB, 600x727px) Image search: [Google]
48548548548548548.jpg
237KB, 600x727px
>>2949548
When we started thinking that what we were told is the truth rather than what we explore.
>It's hip and cool to take a crap in a garbage can and call it a banana.
Yes it's all submission towards insane asylum culture. We let it happen.
>>
>>2949548
It's not originality per se but solely valuing any thing that can be construed as remotely novel. Modern culture of capitalism and technology bro.
>>
>>2949554
Not only kings and church, but pretty much any class of people that have high reputation to uphold or want to make a reputation for them, including merchants, early modern bankers, and even rich middle class. For the greater arts, the end result is also determined by certain philosophies. Most of the trend of Renaissance style and content makes sense with Renaissance classical humanism for example. If we consider classically educated elites who want lasting glory after the example of Maecenas it's easy to understand the fertile soil for art corresponding to their ideals.
>>
>>2949548
about the same time we stopped having slaves
>>
>>2949548
When art died
>>
>>2949548
When talent and execution became an abundance and started to bore the audience.
>>
>>2949996
More accurately, it happened when execution became the most important. The various art academies and salons of Europe in the 18th and 19th century were run by and judged by other artists who judged increasingly exclusively based on execution and technique. The painter's trade became influenced by other fellow painters unlike in earlier centuries which had intellectual circles of not only painters. Paintings were made to please other painters. It's not only because there was an abundance of execution, but an abundance of empty execution.
>>
>>2950022
>This is your brain on art college education.
>>
>>2951358
I don't know how you came to that conclusion. Do you think because I'm exposing 18th and 19th century, that I must be for modernist art or something?
>>
File: lights.jpg (280KB, 1000x826px) Image search: [Google]
lights.jpg
280KB, 1000x826px
jesus christ man just read a fucking book for a change

short answer: 1) they literally had drawn it all 2) they realized there is literally 0(zero) fucking sense in being a rendering robot when photography is a thing
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.