[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No sure if worth starting a new thread, first time posting here.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: bolzer.jpg (143KB, 917x960px) Image search: [Google]
bolzer.jpg
143KB, 917x960px
No sure if worth starting a new thread, first time posting here.
I've recently done a large painting which a band is interested in purchasing for a series of t-shirts and art prints.
How much is a reasonable price to sell the rights to high resolution scans? And what is a reasonable price to ask for the original?

Have put probably a total of 20 hours into it of actual work, and probably around $40 of supplies. Not sure yet what the price of scanning it will be as there are very few places in my area able to scan large documents.

Anything helps, I've never sold art before! Just a hobby that has turned in my favour!
>>
>>2943396
Is it Bolzer that wants to buy your image? Bolzer is fuckin awesome. Or at least were, didn't like the last album. But everything before that was great. Can we see the image?

I don't know about price. My first thought is I would want at least $50 per hour + expenses. So 20x50 = 1000. Plus $40 for the supplies. Plus cost to have it scanned. I'd probably just round up to $1,200. I've got a 2006 copy of the Pricing and Ethical Guidelines Handbook where they list illustration for national distribution of apparel as $1,800-$4,200... so my minimum guesstimate seems to be way way on the low end. However a death/blackmetal band from Switzerland isn't exactly the same as selling a design to Madonna or something. And you did the painting for yourself it sounds like, not as a job for the band with their directions, so it is often customary to charge less for "readymade art". So with those two thoughts in mind, maybe charging on the lower end of the book's suggestion makes sense. You could always just admit you have no clue what to charge and ask them to offer what they usually would offer for such a thing. Could end up getting offered more. But could also end up getting lowballed hard.
>>
>>2943725

Yes it's Bölzer. I'm vaguely reluctant about uploading the art here for some reason. You can see it on my IG - Solarus_Vinlandia .

Good approach! Thank you kindly, I'm messaging with Okoi over the past day and a bit.
>>
>>2943792
Cool. Followed. Yeah asking them to make an offer is probably safest. I get the sense that small metal bands don't really operate in the same reality as the more usual mainstream art gigs. I read somewhere that Christophe Szpajdel was only charging $100 per band logo. That's nuts. So I'd be curious to know what you end up getting for it. Looks like some intricate masking work. Makes me wanna experiment with watercolor now.
>>
>>2944059

Most of it is actually India ink. I find it behaves a little differently in water, and it's just such a rich black
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.