[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super young me(elementary) >very passionate >made shitty

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1462503643464.gif (394KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1462503643464.gif
394KB, 500x281px
Super young me(elementary)
>very passionate
>made shitty drawings but didn't care i liked them
Young me (15ish)
>try to draw something
>realize how terrible it is
>grind fuck loads of figure drawings
>could do atleast 2-3 hours, sometimes even around 10ish hours on occasion on the weekends
>study frequency was a rollercoster, may not draw for a week then next week do pretty much nothing but draw
Now (19)
>feel shitty about being bad
>whenever i draw i wonder why im even doing
>can't muster the motivation to open a book or throughougly watch a tutorial, just wanna doodle figures from quickposes while listening to podcasts
>also mindlessly watch youtube
>never feel fully entertained but not bored

Should i quit? I dont know what to do

If this belongs on /adv/ tell me and i will move it there. Thought since its art related it may be better suited here.
>>
If Art is making you feel terrible because you can't tolerate your current skill level: you should consider if Art is something you actually want to pursue or whether your actual appetite is mastery of a skill. If your passion is being good at Art then that is irreconcilable with your current opinion of it, and perhaps if it is mastery of Art that you want to achieve: you could try another more non-representational hobby such as conceiving music or writing literature, as both indirectly feature the facility to create visualization to some capacity

But if you're certain that you want to be an Artist: I can tell you anecdotally that it helps to become consistent, and to start with exchanging your current, seemingly hectic schedule for something more manageable might be a useful start. Consider making a syllabus for your Art, or maybe vowing to draw for a certain amount of time every day. Anecdotally: being more consistent has rejuvenated my capacity for enjoyment of visual experience (and also helps me feel less indolent); I'm sure it would for you too

Also: stop using Youtube to watch intensely structured Media, and instead consider using it to listen to music. Find a genre that you really like and listen to that. Alternatively: go outside and sketch en plein air; take no devices with you
>>
File: 1491793563660.jpg (68KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
1491793563660.jpg
68KB, 500x647px
>>2943370
Thanks. This can actually help me
I plan on making myself study at a library, feel like I'm less likely to procrastinate in an environment like that
>>
>>2943381
What do you draw? Anime?
>>
All the good artists were bad at the start, it's their will & hard work who put them to their actual level!

Quit & you"ll stay bad forever...
>>
>>2943386
Not really.
I started out drawing terrible cartoons
Then I became a "nothing but fundamentals til I'm Kim Jung gi "
Now I do drawings if faces and sometimes these cartoon faces
>>
>>2943353
Where is the meme dinosaur?
>>
File: 1491518520261.jpg (158KB, 861x779px) Image search: [Google]
1491518520261.jpg
158KB, 861x779px
>>2943353
While it's really discouraging right now it's for the best you keep grinding if you're serious about you're art. I was in the same boat two years ago

If you dont want to watch through hour long tutorials or study art books you can always just try to just mimic other artists and learn their styles. Learning new shit outside of your comfort zone is always a nice challenge and brings some variety to your grind

Also learn how to draw furry. I fucking hated it, but it got me fast buxx even if I was bad at it, trust
>>
>>2946113
Why not do anime commissions or chibis? Is the market not that good?
>>
>>2946119
Anime and kawaiishit still sells very well, I've done my fair share of those, but the market for furry is retarded. Your clients are thirsty and sometimes even desperate that they will happily pay you extra to draw their fetishes even if the turnout is garb. I've heard of other furry artists who treat their clients like utter shit but they still get paid in the end
>>
>>2946151
i hate furry but i want to earn some quick ca$h
where do i go to rack in some?
>>
>>2946395
/aco/ I'd imagine
>>
>>2946395
>i'm in it for the money how do i draw furshit
never change, /ic/
>>
>>2946395
Now im seriously considering making a shitty fake blog on FA completely unrelated to my actual tumblr
Hope no one puts 2 and 2 together and expose me tho
>>
>>2943353
>already 19

NGMI
>>
>>2946620
fиcк off
>>
>>2946609
its a good idea. They pay a lot for a pic of their fursona and FA people really want to commission artists early on, as opposed to tumblr.
>>
>>2946113
You don't happen to have some of your furryshit which you can post?
I'm also thinking of milking that cow, but I'm not sure whether I'm good enough at drawing yet.
>>
>>2946620
>Tfw just 18
I'm going to make it
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.