[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

shoulder issues and the freelance career... so i take like a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

shoulder issues and the freelance career...

so i take like a week off of work to chill and relax. hoped it would do my shoulder good. it's always tense, always painful and swollen. now i started getting back into work, got quite a bit to catch up on. and immediately my shoulder starts hurting which in turn makes my drawing hand cramp. like a proper disciple of /ic/ i always lift my hand and draw from the shoulder only. but slowly this is making me consider quitting art and getting back into programming or whatever else i can reliable freelance on. it sucks so hard when you have to endure pain in order to get work done.

wat do?
>>
first you can try not being a fucking retard. only dumb people get these simple problems. you're either 1: not taking enough breaks inbetween your work 2: putting too much pressure on your arms/hands/wrists when you draw and 3:your posture is terrible. literally how dumb do you have to fucking be.
>>
>>2943337

well that's not very helpful.
>>
>>2943324

Do you do any strength training or workout at all? It's the number one cure and antidote for over use injuries. Check with a physician first
>>
Physical therapy. I've had two rounds of physical therapy myself, and it helped both times. But I drew despite pain and it's permanent now. You might need to take longer than a week off- more like a few months if you don't want it to be permanent. Or until you can draw without pain. Also you can try propping a pillow under your shoulder to see if that makes it hurt less.
>>
>>2943324
Stretch, strap or see a doctor. Avoid painkillers.
>>
I had arm pains for almost 2 years. I do not have it now. I also still had to work to pay my bills. What I did:

If it hurts, stop. If you force it, it will get even worse and permanent.

Something about your posture is fucked. Look up all that proper sitting angle bullshit and fix your workspace. I had to raise my chair and prop up my monitor higher. Some people wrap a sock around their drawing utensils to change their grip.

You cant just working completely (bills...) so take frequent breaks. Every like 10, 15, or whatever measure of time works for you. Don't work for more than an hour without a break even if you aren't hurting. Especially if you aren't hurting. During this break, do the reccommended stretches (look them up, it depends on whats hurting). Dont wait to feel pain to stretch, its supposed to prevent it.

Stretch before you start working.

Get some small hand weights (dont buy a 5lb off the bat...) and get some exercise in. Or go to a doctor and get professional advice. I didnt have health insurance so i just had to do research. Dont fuck yourself up on this one by overdoing it, either.

Eventually I got to the point where i could draw for 4 hours and not hurt. Then it became 8. When you get a stress injury you have to become very economical with your actions. I basically had to spend all of my arm stamina points on work and do 0% personal stuff for a very, very long time. I couldn't play video games either, because it stressed the same muscles. It sucked. But it paid off in the end because I dont have pain anymore.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.