[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you not lose interest in a piece you are spending days

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

How do you not lose interest in a piece you are spending days working on mostly due to error fixing?

How do you work faster by working smarter? I can not seem to find a way to improve my speed without the quality of my artwork dropping.

I just want to be able to put down the brush strokes lines and colours and get it right the first or first few times and not the hundreds of times, because it is exhausting to expend all your energy fixing errors that you end up not doing much in the grand scheme of things and end up having not as many finished artworks to upload to your gallery as you would like to. It's even more frustrating when you see fellow artists you look up to pump stuff out nearly every day and flow perfect expressive sketches out with seemingly relative ease.
Even my art buddies tell me I'm so fucking slow at sketching out characters in drawpile and I feel so incompetent during days when I'm especially bad and am erasing and redrawing the same fucking thing for an hour.

Also how do I retain knowledge of anatomy better? How do I learn it better without getting bored. I just use reference for a certain angle if I'm drawing a similar pose because if i don't I can never remember the way the muscles are supposed to overlap in more complicated areas like the shoulders or back. I'm just not able to retain that information very clearly after a few weeks or months go by and I need to relearn the intricacies of anatomy of that area again.

These are things I have been struggling for a while now, and 'just drawing more' helps a bit, but no matter how much I practice I will always make lots of energy-draining errors that need fixing, and I feel like I am working harder and not smarter and it's holding me back.

What do you do to overcome this anons?
>>
WTF delete ur facebook, fuck your art friends, lock your room door and grind, speed comes with skill.
>>
>>2943139
But I don't use facebook and already do the other things
>>
>>2943133
Show us your artworks - show us how you work - show us pictures of spiderman.

I worked on my fundamentals and all of a sudden got a lot quicker. If you have your basics in check you'll achieve this "first stroke looks right" thing. Well not really - but you won't need so many retries.

My artwork drawing process: Add some colours, draw the general shapes, rethink the concept, work in a thumbnail until the thumbnail looks interesting, work out the details, draw the rest of the fucking owl.

I don't even draw outlines anymore... pic attached took me ...4 hours? Something like that. I think I'd shoot myself if a drawing would take days... I had drawings that took days but I'm just not doing such detailed shit anymore...

Man I'm sorry I'm not even sure if this was helpful or not.... just generally if you need to redraw thing too often your fubdamentals might be off.

Honestly - post your work in the current /beg/inner thread and I'm sure we can help you out with a lot of your questions.
>>
>>2943992
You're garbage. Stop giving advice, Stop polishing turds, and learn how to draw.
>>
>>2944071
I'm here because I want to get better. They asked about other peoples process and I shared it - that's all. You don't need to be that toxic I'm aware I'm not 'good'. There is a reason I myself roll around in /beg/.
>>
>>2944071
You know at least some people share their art - this is an art sharing forum after all.
>>
File: 09.png (309KB, 971x763px) Image search: [Google]
09.png
309KB, 971x763px
>>2944083
Beginners shouldn't be giving advice. Would you take fitness advice from an overweight individual?

I'm much better than you, and even I do go around acting like I have all the answers. Lurk more, beginners should refrain from giving advice. It just leads other beginners astray.
>>
>>2944092
>I'm much better than you

Welp turd vs turd.

I don't think beginner helping other beginner is that bad - Anon posted their capabilities - OP can decide if they want to trust someone like that or not.
>>
>>2944113
My work isn't turd. I'm better than majority of /ic/ you cunt.
>>
>>2943133
Don't be afraid of showing your mistakes, because what you will eventually show is improvement.
>>
>>2944092
Everyone is capabel of giving advice, it doesn´t matter how good one is.
Heck, even my Mother that has no idea of art gives me sometimes helpfull advise.
>>
>>2944092
blooooooooooooooog??
>>
>>2943133
Do short studies - 5, 10, 20 minutes. See what you can get down in that time, getting the drawing to read is your goal. Focus on the areas that you are having trouble with in your longer studies.
>>
>>2944119
are you black?
>>
Improve your drawing speed. I've found that the quicker you draw your subjects, the less likely you'll get bored with them.

Our mind likes to do interesting work, but can only stay on one task for so long before boredom hits and motivation is lost. Try to draw as fast as you can while still maintaining your accuracy.
>>
>>2944092
You need to stop swinging your dick around. It's not helping anybody.
>>
>>2944092
BLOG?
>>
>>2944092
>Would you take fitness advice from an overweight individual?

If the overweight individual is less overweight than I am or recently significantly lost weight why not.
>>
File: 1454114118612.png (421KB, 568x377px) Image search: [Google]
1454114118612.png
421KB, 568x377px
Go ask /a/ or something.

I don't think the people here have any good answers.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.