[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone try to buy supercheap chink fake wacom tablet? Th

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: s-l500[1].jpg (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500[1].jpg
14KB, 500x500px
Did anyone try to buy supercheap chink fake wacom tablet? There is e-bay listing for http://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-One-By-Wacom-Bamboo-Splash-Pen-Small-Tablet-CTL471-Drawing-Tablet-Windows-/262936337278, do you think it's a waste of 5 dollars and 3 weeks waiting, or should I buy it?
>>
>>2942739
Probably some spying software in the driver CD to get your personal information. Clever scam, don't do it.
>>
>>2942740
Pretty sure there are better ways to distribute malware then to package it with 5 dollar piece of shit hardware that no one will buy.
>>
>>2942739
buy it, it's probably fine, if it ends up not being good enough for drawing you can at least play osu! with it
>>
>>2942745
You don't know the extent to scammers. If scammers can afford overnight shipping for scam checks they can afford to make makeshift tablets.
>>
File: cheap-wacom.png (1MB, 1062x679px) Image search: [Google]
cheap-wacom.png
1MB, 1062x679px
>>2942739
Beginner here: yeah, I've been using one for a little while. Obviously I can't speak for the seller, but I would think that 7$ is kind of a red flag. If they actually give you the advertised model though, It's alright.

>>2942745
>>2942753
Yeah fair point; CD distributions always carry that risk, really. Usually for bigger distributors you can just get the official drivers from the manufacturer online. I did that for this tablet and it has been working fine.
>>
>>2942739
Used one for 3 years i would say save up on a intuos medium its way too small and eventually if you gonna do art all the time you will want something with good control.
>>
I paid $30 for a 12" xp-pen and it's working perfectly, replaced a 7" bamboo that I used for 4 years never felt comfortable with that tiny ass shit
don't fall for the wacom meme and don't pay for chinese scams dummy
>>
OP here. Order placed, I not install enclosed drivers (I don't computer w/CD ROM anyway) and I'll try to find some online. I just hope it's not a rubber ducky keyboard with something nasty, I'll try it at first in a VM.
>>
>>2943316
Godspeed OP, update us when it arrives (if it does).
Fellow poorfag bumping.
>>
>>2942739
Yes, Chinese microscopus tablet are the future.
Proof i'm indian.
>>
>>2942739
Those are fakes?
I thought its original
I bought mine 2 years ago in supermarket
>>
How hard is it to transition from traditional to digital?
I've been mostly drawing on paper and sometimes fooling with an iPad and cheap ass stylus, but i'm thinking about getting real tablet. However the idea of not looking at your hands and surface that you draw on is horrifying, I don't think i'll be able to get used to it or it will take too much time to transition.
>>
would you bid on a cheap plastic indian homebrew knockoff ps2 or would you save up your money and buy a ps4?
>>
>>2946698
save up and get a good ass fucking CINTIQ that you can draw on and do traditional in the mean time. seems to be the general consensus.
>>
>>2946715
It's a joke consensus. Like install gentoo on /g/.

>>2946698
It take some time to get used to (not so much for the hand-eye decoupling as for the feeling of the pen on the tablet), but it's nothing to be afraid of. I know a lot of people (professional) who prefer regular pen tablets to cintiqs because you can see what you are drawing better.

>>2946653
For 5 dollars, sure they are fake. If you bought it at regular supermarket for more than 30 dollars, it's probably genuine.
>>
>>2946714
Well, is the homebrew PS2 a fully functional PS2 that's maybe more prone to broke, or something that just has one build-in cheapass unplayable game?

It's 7 dollars. If it has (some) pressure sensitivity, does not shake and does not break on touch, I think it's worth the money.
>>
In my opinion, it doesn't matter how good a tablet is on paper, if the driver support is shitty, you're going to hate yourself everytime you fucking draw with it.

This is the one reason that prevents me from purchasing a 'cheap' tablet display from Monoprice--the last thing you ever want to do is have to draw while fighting your tablet. Two steps forward, one step back because the tablet didn't read a stroke correctly.

I'm not going to pretend that Wacom's drivers are flawless, but they typically work 98% of the time.
>>
>>2947511
Nah. Most artists will gravitate to an Intuos (Pro) from a price/hardware standpoint, but just about any artist would prefer a Cintiq if given the opportunity.
>>
>>2942739
i bought this one from a store, it cost 70$ and its pretty good, better than the old genius i608x i had
>>
>>2942745
this is literally what they want you to think.

grats on ur virus.
>>
>>2950889
> spend unknown amonut to reverse-engineer the original wacom tablet
> spend 5 dollars to manufacture a hardware
> enclose CD with virus
> user installs driver from wacom website because he has a modern computer without CD drive anyway
> one person actually installs the driver on CD, but build-in windows antivirus catches it anyway
>>
any updates on this?
>>
>>2952042
>one person

You're missing the thousands of hobby artists who are unaware, and the parents who look to buy their kids drawing tablets and find this cheap one. The fact we see someone willing to buy this on /ic/ (where you should know better) means it works.
>>
>super cheap wacom tablet
>4 negative reviews from seller
>2 positive
>all negative complaining about not receiving their product and getting no response from seller
>actually buying it

you're retarded OP, way to waste $5
>>
>>2952061
Seller sent me the shipping number but no china post tracking site actually seems to recognize that number :(

>>2952105
Well I can get refund from e-bay if it won't arrive, via eBay Money Back Guarantee. Given the shipping number does not work, it should be settled quickly.
>>
>>2942739
i used a splash for a long time. if you don't mind using a keyboard, it's a great tablet.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.