[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you were good at drawing when you were kids? I used

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: 1485831625239.jpg (763KB, 2224x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1485831625239.jpg
763KB, 2224x3000px
How many of you were good at drawing when you were kids?
I used to be good at drawing realtive to my peers when i was in elementary and that was pretty much the thing i was known for, but then i stopped drawing until recently at 22, when i started to learn the fundamentals. And you know what? I FUCKING SUCK. I'm far worse than anyone in the beginners thread and it made me think talent is one big meme.

So who else showed talent at drawing when they were kids? Did it have any effect on your skills once you started to draw more seriously?
>>
>So who else showed talent at drawing when they were kids

its amazing how american culture can convince every retard they're a winner
>>
>>2941078
my mommy said I was amazing
>>
>>2941089
i'm not american
>>
>>2941078
the closest to that was a guy in my middle school who just drew a lot from life, tv and imagination and was alright for his age.

talent is a meme and you got lied to
>>
>>2941095
anon said culture not citizenship

>>2941078
yes I was quite better at drawing than my peers (not knowing that the reason behind it was that I drew a lot more than them)
and then I went to highschool and I became surrounded by other kids better at drawing than their peers many of them better at drawing than me. it confused me that muh talent wasn't worth shit in front of my schoolmates and art teachers until several years later it hit me that those kids better than me were also those kids who drew more
>>
>>2941120
can we just face that he would have had a good point had he not sunk it with "MURRICA FUCKING AMERIBURGERS REEEEEEEEE"
>>
File: 1467235873468.png (148KB, 371x353px) Image search: [Google]
1467235873468.png
148KB, 371x353px
>>2941078
I was always known as >the art kid

Too bad normalfags don't know shit about art. /ic/ taught me how many leagues better pros (even intermediate artist) are compared to me.

Been here 2 years studying my fundies. Thanks, I guess.
>>
File: 1491655495819.jpg (13KB, 270x259px) Image search: [Google]
1491655495819.jpg
13KB, 270x259px
What the fugg. Are you literally me?
>>
>>2941135
hating on America is super hip in todays' american culture so can't blame him really
>>
File: binnieface.jpg (37KB, 473x415px) Image search: [Google]
binnieface.jpg
37KB, 473x415px
>tfw understood form well at 22
>tfw you got in just before your neuroplasticity started to decline

Shame I didn't care about colour or tone back then, oh well
>>
>>2941185
>2 years on fundamentals

ahahaha give up
>>
>>2941201
no he's just another tard on 4chan thinking everyone here is american
>>
>>2941078
I've told this tale a few times

>Big sister 4yrs older
>I draw like a fiend from age 3-11, best in class, mom buys me all my art supplies
>sister is a disgusting programmer. I make fun of her and tell her she'll never draw better than me
>1998 family friend buys me Gundams and buys sister animu
>in middle school - I get into robotics and start coding, sister starts drawing in high school
>sister gits gud and goes to RISD, my drawing skills locked into a 6th grade level
>2010 bored as fuck doing engineering work, want to get back to drawing
>new life goal is to draw better than sister again
>mfw she doesn't even remember me saying she could never draw better than me
>mfw 2017 I'm turning 30
>>
>>2941214
>meme excuses
>>
>>2941630
>Having easy access to a better artist probably willing to give you helpful crits due to being family.
Now all you need to do is swallow your pride.
>>
File: thousand yard stare.jpg (115KB, 900x644px) Image search: [Google]
thousand yard stare.jpg
115KB, 900x644px
>>2941078
>Always been the art boy through school.
>Thought I was at least B RANK.
>Discover how big the art world actually is.
>Realize I was actually D RANK.
>Realize the difference between D RANK and B RANK is an ocean apart.
>B RANK to A RANK is interplanetary.
>mfw A RANK to S RANK is such an incomprehensible divide of experience, hard work and innate ability.

If anything, my previous symbol-drawing was detrimental to my learning but at least my hand was used to using a pen. I consider myself a C+ RANK now.
>>
I was never like the Art kid in class..it was a Girl.
When someone would ask who was the worst artist in class they would all point at me.
Even the Teacher would laugh at my shitty work..and i would belive it..i would too say i was the worst.
But then i took an Interesst for art and started drawing Manga, and still then people would call my art shit.
How can people be so mean to a fucking 4th grader fucking hell.
> skip to highschool first year
> find out about fundamentals
> study like crazy, every day atleast 5 hours.
Now all trying to suck my dick.
>>
>>2941901
pust wirk
>>
I was an arty kid, my art was pretty good and I enjoyed it. My teachers in high school told me that I'd make a good architect but I just brushed if off as a stupid thing to pursue. Now that I'm choosing where to go for university, my friends are planning to do courses in animation and design and fine art and I'm doing mathematics because it's safe. There's a little part of me that thinks that it's such a waste of my creative skills to not be an artist but I was told that there is no money in it.
>>
File: 1466348228824.jpg (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1466348228824.jpg
15KB, 400x400px
>>2941877
>realize it's only about "ranks" and "power level" if you make it this way
>realize giving yourself and others a grade is actually a terrible way to improve your art
>>
>>2941078
I was the best, beacause i was the only one. Now i am the best because the other are lame. (i'm not a vehicle)
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.