[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh boy, I hope I'm not breaking any board rules... Has

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: ArtStation-logo-horizontal-dark.png (39KB, 2598x816px) Image search: [Google]
ArtStation-logo-horizontal-dark.png
39KB, 2598x816px
Oh boy, I hope I'm not breaking any board rules...

Has anyone here used ArtStation? I'm building up the artwork for a nascent Kickstarter project, and I'm looking to make the leap from the uneven workmanship of Fiverr to the stolid dependability of ArtStation, however I'm a little bit overwhelmed by all the flashy corporate logos and the wall between you and the artist.

I've used the 'Hire Me' button to propose Freelance gigs to a couple of dudes, both of whom I assessed as being within my league, but I haven't heard anything back yet. Admittedly, it has been less than 24 hours, but I just went looking for an inbox to check, and couldn't find one. I assume any reply will be forwarded to my email account, but right now I'm feeling very old and confused.

So how is ArtStation from a sellers perspective? Does anyone have trouble with it, or has anyone heard any salacious gossip about it? Is there a third, better option beyond Fiverr and ArtStation?

And just to keep this from being a mono-topic thread: If you sell your artwork, where do you do it? Preferred websites? Darkweb commissions?
>>
>>2939559
Artstation is still largely a professional site even if DeviantArt shitters have started making it in.

If the artists you're contacting are in any way skilful they're not going to work for Fiverr rates, they'll want industry standard freelance pay. Unless you're willing to offer that, stop bothering them.
>>
The best and utter premium is having your own website.

ArtStation though is good. Probably the best platform to use currently IF you are interested in the concept art / animation / entertainment design illustration side of the industry. Though I have never received a commission through it and have no intention of using it as a "selling" platform.
>>
Whats the difference between artstation and deviantart?
>>
>>2941550
On artstation, you're surrounded by professionals.
>>
>>2941552
Maybe a couple of years ago, half of it is anime fanart/tumblr-core now.
>>
>>2941563
Doesn't matter. The front page/trending/picks are still good quality and it's the main place that top pros actually post. It's also the place where all ADs look for new talent.
>>
>>2939559
Friday was Good Friday, and lots of people take that time off. If you're going to send emails, do it Sunday night so it's in their inbox on Monday when they come into the office. (If they're not some NEET, anyway.) Also, Kickstarters are hard to find artists for. Good percentage of the time artists will get shafted after signing up for a project and not getting paid. It's difficult to telework with someone you've never met and still try to hold them accountable. If anything, try and find artists that have done this kind of work in the past and are responsible. If you have the capability, try to network with other Kickstarters creators that have made similar projects to yours and see what artists are reliable. This goes both ways. If you don't seem credible, no one is going to give a shit about your offer. I agree with the comment above to get your own website, if only that it makes you look like you're serious about your project.
Are you by any chance making some sort of card game?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.