[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why wasn't Bob Ross ever interested in any serious

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 151231415.jpg (120KB, 536x531px) Image search: [Google]
151231415.jpg
120KB, 536x531px
Why wasn't Bob Ross ever interested in any serious painting techniques?
>>
He wanted to actually enjoy painting.
>>
>>2937331
painting into couch is a serious painting technique, although it's historically used for fresco.
>>
>it's a fucktard questioning Bob Ross's artistic legitimacy: the thread
Lol k
>>
>>2937342

>it's a fucktard misconstruing the original post episode

questioning why he painted casually isn't questioning his legitimacy, dipshit
>>
one time he was doing figures in a class and his teacher came up to him and said, bob i dont want to hurt your feelings or anything but maybe figure drawing isnt for you maybe you should stick to your trees bushes and landscapes. and thats what he did he said.
check out his painting the camp fire to see a Bob Ross figure. also he wanted a very fast method.
>>
>>2937345
>shit out a billion paintings
>casual
lol
>>
>>2937380

>dude plays video games 1 hours a day for 20 years
>WOW THAT GUY HAS PLAYED VIDYA FOR THOUSANDS OF HOURS SO HARDCORE!!!!
>>
>>2937385
retard
>>
>>2937389

Yes, that's exactly what you are.
>>
I wish i can be like him one day desu. Drawing relaxing thing and be happy, chatting with readers/follower and encourage/inspire them, while still making a shitload of dosh at the same time
>>
>>2937409
consuming media and producing products are two very different modes of expression
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGJCBGhyO7o&feature=youtu.be
>>
Are there any serious techniques you can use to make a finished painting in half an hour?
>>
>>2938111
yes, the bob ross technique
>>
>>2938111
Impressionism?
>>
>>2937409
wrong
>>
>>2937943
this
>>
File: muhfeels.jpg (27KB, 460x282px) Image search: [Google]
muhfeels.jpg
27KB, 460x282px
>>2937335
I wish I could attain his level of joy when doing art. Or any other activity in life.
>>
File: image.jpg (475KB, 1206x872px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
475KB, 1206x872px
He wasn't a sophisticated artist, he just wanted to show to the world the therapeutic side of painting to unsophisticated and unpretentious people like him.
His show was directed at teenagers, soccer moms, elderly bored people, wageslaves with no prospects. You could criticize him for dumbing down the art of painting, but you should also admit that he was never pompous about it: he was just trying to teach you a hobby which, given a basic level of proficiency, could mend and soothe your soul and make you a calmer, happier and more insightful person.
>>
>>2937331
he learned from some german american guy and decided that's all he needed to know and he "knows what he likes"
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.