[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whenever I browse pixiv, I see artists that are already producing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 2092222243.png (1MB, 1198x869px) Image search: [Google]
2092222243.png
1MB, 1198x869px
Whenever I browse pixiv, I see artists that are already producing so many peices that are relatively decent. My question is, most of these people aren't even making money so what are the chances that people striving to learn here are gonna make it
>>
>>2937195

They learn as well. They even have a dedicated tutorial section.
>>
>>2937195
People here get commissions when they're pleb tier, there's not a huge bridge for a lot of western people to commission chinese/jap artists.
>>
>>2937195
How do you know they're not making money though?
>>
>>2937195
Your chances are high if you care enough to improve above a skill level that could only command 10$ a piece for anyone, especially in the West, with standards. That sort of Japanese illustration takes more practice in graphic design than representational art, and I doubt many of those people even care much for making money.
>>
They have good skills but what they're drawing is generic
There are tens of thousands of images like this on the internet

If you want to make it you have to have good ideas as well as good skills
Create something original that stands out
In fact I'd say it's actually more important than skills, there are so many bad artists that are popular and it's because their work stands out from the rest, everyday people aren't artists, they don't appreciate something for being technically excellent they appreciate it for being something they find interesting, funny, sexy, etc
>>
>>2937876
>If you want to make it you have to have good ideas as well as good skills

This is in fact, patently untrue. People do art for different reasons; don't tout your ideologies as fact just because it just so happens to be how you approach art.
>>
>>2938211
it's generally better to be creative and technically skilled than just technically skilled

that's a general fact of the marketplace - not an ideology?
>>
>>2937876
Not at all. If you want to make it as a professional artist, you need to have a strong portfolio that shows you can do the exact type of shit the client you are applying to work for wants to see. Nothing more, nothing less. WotC for example couldn't give less of a shit how interesting and unique your work is. They just want to see you being able to paint shiny armor, angel wings, horses and knights in a simple yet striking composition.
>>
>>2938294
Eeh it depends on what you're goals are

Some jobs don't require groundbreaking creativity, without trying to be insulting they're cog in the machine jobs, it's about the skills not so much the ideas (of course you need to have still good ideas but they're more of design sense ideas rather than more artsy ideas)

If you want to create something as a standalone artist that you can advertise to the world that's where it's ideas that count and not the skills
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.