[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it an alright idea to practice construction for an extremely

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 203.jpg (1MB, 2207x1632px) Image search: [Google]
203.jpg
1MB, 2207x1632px
Is it an alright idea to practice construction for an extremely simplified model before eventually learning proper anatomy?
>>
>>2937080
yea its good idea actually, learn how to break down body parts into boxes/cylinders in perspective. it will help a lot
>>
>>2937080
That's how you SHOULD learn it. OR else you'll end up like those guys who know every muscle in the body but can't draw for shit. Or the people who draw super rigid figures that are anatomically correct.
>>
File: 217.jpg (1MB, 2207x1632px) Image search: [Google]
217.jpg
1MB, 2207x1632px
>>2937086
>>2937089
That sounds promising, my main goal right now is to be able to draw like this.
>>
>>2937080
Yes, absolutely.
It is a waste of time to struggle with anatomy before you are comfortable with drawing simple forms.
>>
>>2937080

Mannequins brah. They help you deal with perspective and construction issues which is more important than knowing the anatomical details such as muscle insertions and what not.
>>
Just make sure you're studying someone who knows what they're doing. Yoh Yoshinari obviously does.
>>
>>2937459
yes yes he does
>>
>>2937080
If you rely on a simplified model of learning proper anatomy you'll use it as a crutch forever and never understand true freedom. You need to spend more time pain stakingly drawing anatomy with the utmost detail and finesse if you wanna imrpove
>>
Loomis addresses it in at least three of his books, and Hampton does an extremely brief overview advocating practicing construction on simpler figures before moving onto anatomy.

Why do you need to be spoonfed this?
>>
>>2937080
Is this from yoh yoshinari?
>>2937661
Calm down now, he's just asking for a simple confirmation. What's gotten your panties in a bunch?
>>
>>2937080
I'm pretty sure this is what you're supposed to do. Doing it the other way would be like climbing Mount Everest without equipment; do-able, but really hard and a retarded way of going about it.
>>
>>2937080
Is it okay to copy drawinigs like in the OP's picture solely for practice?
>>
All you really need is a stick figure made of 3 boxes and 4 lines + maybe additional 1-2 to connect boxes but this is not necessary. You can succesfuly make figures with just that.
>>
>>2937080
You should learn how to visualize 3d form before anatomy. as anatomy won't contribute very much to your drawings if you're still using symbols.
>>
>>2937896
yeah but try to understand why the artist drew them that way so don't just copy the lines
>>
>>2937913
This, blindly following the reference isn't a good idea. You will need to do analysis on why they did what they did and what it means for the art piece.

This is speaking as someone who has been blindly following reference and is more and more been doing analysis work on that reference in conjunction to my own work.
>>
>>2937080
What a dumb question
Of course you should, its encouraged
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.