[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Realistically, can one make a living in the US making comics/japanese

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: meme.jpg (80KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
80KB, 500x353px
Realistically, can one make a living in the US making comics/japanese inspired comics through patreon as the only source of income?
>>
You and me both know it's possible, anon, but you first need to put in the work. It's not like you couldn't just do comics outside of patreon either.
>>
Emigrate to somewhere cheap and you can live like a king from little patreon money.
>>
>>2934486
You can make money doing anything if you learn/know what it takes to sell it.
Whether you can live off of it is up to you and your life style choices.
>>
>>2934486

I can only recall "Empowered" comic right now. Looking at sales and everything I wouldn't expect money higher than "I won't be (too big of a) burden for my spouse" after "making it".
>>
>>2936645
Can you help out explaining how? Posting gives no following and sending out portfolios gives me no replies..
>>
>>2936682
You're looking for a magic bullet. A secret hack to success. And there is none. You literally have to learn how to not only sell yourself but sell your art/comic. It's not going to be quick nor easy.
I hate to go all /biz/ on you but the artists you admire or even hate are making a living because they didn't just put in hours and hours of work but they sold their shit like crazy across the board.
If you're posting 1 or 2 images a day you're not going to get followers because you're casting a rock into a sea of rocks. You're not getting calls backs from portfolio submission because you're going doing that wrong. The old saying about not what you know but who is very relevant in the art world.
Look for the book by Grant Cardone titled "The 10X Rule".
Read it, don't skim it, don't let it sit around or on your hard drive. Read the fucking book.
You have to get your shit in by any means at high levels of output.
>>
>>2936691
> images a day is too little
>What if you render each one of them, is it still too little?
>>
>>2936814
If you mean 3D renders people love works in progress.
I think the point is to break through the massive amounts of online noise and stand out above the crowd even if you have to shout out loud.
>>
>>2936826
>stand out above the crowd even if you have to shout out loud.
Anon I like you.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.