[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the diference between studying graphic design and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: 1489951265715.jpg (290KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1489951265715.jpg
290KB, 750x1000px
what's the diference between studying graphic design and fine arts?

(I'm not american, to clarify).

Also, which has more girls?
>>
>>2933922
The two are unrelated. Fine arts has girls who pose for you nude and graphic design consist mainly of girls who love typography and spam bee & popycat stickers all over their macbook.
>>
>>2933928
What's the gender distribution on fine arts and graphic design?
>>
>>2933933
Go to /r9k/ or /soc/ or something shitface /ic/ is for people dedicated to the craft.
>>
>>2933933
I went to a workshop/open day thing at a university in Australia for people interested in either their fine arts or graphic design course (the workshop included both because there was a decent amount of overlap)

80% of the kids there were wanting to go to fine arts
The vast majority of those were girls.
About half of them were tumblr landwhales (overweight with bright coloured hair)
During our life drawing session none of them could draw worth shit.

The remaining 20% of graphic design students were pretty evenly distributed in gender, looked like normal people and on average were a lot better at drawing.

I ended up not applying for either course because the fine arts course looked like shit and graphic design wasn't close enough to illustration that I wanted to pursue so I'm just self-studying (NEET) for a couple more years.
>>
>>2933954
what's the diference between graphic design and fine art?
>>
>>2933957
>Fine Art
People with no skill or desire for skill expressing their "feelings" through incoherent scribbles and other meaningless shit.

>Graphic Design
Actual marketable visual design skills. Probably making logos and product design and stuff. Not so much illustration, which is what I was interested in.
>>
>>2933961
which would be better to be a game artist, graphic design or fine arts?
>>
I can't believe you faggots are on /ic/ and bashing on fine art. Fine art is literally technical skill and focuses on self improvement rather than commercial work. It's the greatest aspect of being an artist.
>>
File: 1452530887464.jpg (2MB, 1752x5426px) Image search: [Google]
1452530887464.jpg
2MB, 1752x5426px
>>2933967
>>
>>2933963
concept art and illustration
yes, illustration is a major
fine arts dubs into sculpting and philosophy, but has some illustration classes as well
graphic design course i took only has one life drawing class and the rest was tracing photos with vectors, typography, page layouts, posters with stock photos, product packaging, and logos.
in summary, you might draw girls in fine arts class, but not in graphic design.
>>
>>2933971
oh yeah, animation is what you want to go into if you want to actually learn how to draw.
>>
>>2933922
Fine arts is stuff like painting, drawing, sculpting.

Graphic design is this like cover design, typography, page layouts, ect.
>>2933928
I wouldn't say they're completely unrelated. A lot of principles - composition, color theory, ect. - apply to both.
>>2933963
Fine arts. Being able to draw is pretty important if you wanna be a game artist.
>>2933967
Define "fine art." If by fine arts, you want to encompass all of drawing, painting, sculpture, ect., then there's a lot of good stuff there. The problem is the term has been co-opted by talentless hacks who throw paint as canvases with no regard to anything or try to sell their piss as art. The "fine art" world is a joke, where skill isn't nearly as important as marketing.
>>
File: Richard Williams - Time to Draw.png (491KB, 748x2776px) Image search: [Google]
Richard Williams - Time to Draw.png
491KB, 748x2776px
>>2933986
It's true.
>>
>>2933922
Graphic design is mostly about non-figurative design, like creating ads or websites.
Fine arts no longer exists. It's been replaced by an ideology that is unrelated to art.
>>
File: ARB.jpg (4MB, 3262x4982px) Image search: [Google]
ARB.jpg
4MB, 3262x4982px
>>
>>
File: Got my BFA did, fam!.jpg (374KB, 703x1227px) Image search: [Google]
Got my BFA did, fam!.jpg
374KB, 703x1227px
>>
>>2933922
Graphic Design has been reduced to making shitty logos and brochures in Illustrator. There used to be a lot of thought in composition and drawing skill and collaboration with other artists in it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.