[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone else loose the ability to 'feel' what you are

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: huion.jpg (91KB, 560x350px) Image search: [Google]
huion.jpg
91KB, 560x350px
anyone else loose the ability to 'feel' what you are drawing when working on a tablet?
>>
>>2932202
define 'feel', like are we talking physically or what
>>
yes and no. I find it more natural working with paper and pencil but I work better with my tablet. Besides it's easy to do a sketch on paper and then scan it in
>>
>>2932203
yeah physically. with a pencil it feels like you are actually carving out the form. i dont feel that on tablet
>>
>>2932209
Yes, same here. I think it's easier to fool your mind that way when you are drawing on the image. I didn't see others complaining about that so I assumed my brain was uniquely broken.

A screen tablet helped a lot for me even though people here will tell you it doesn't matter. Otherwise you could just sketch first on paper to get basic construction down then scan it in
>>
>>2932202

Something about the tooth of the paper against your pencil just creates this greater sense of confidence and control, even if the line itself isn't a perfectly clean digital slash
>>
>>2932202
Tape a piece of butcher paper over your tablet to fix this if you dont mind your nib being worn down slightly faster
>>
>>2932202
Krita has curve brushes that give me the feeling of literally carving out 3D forms so much so that I prefer it to sketching on actual paper. I'm not sure if other programs have something similar.
>>
>>2932202
I can't cross hatch for shit on a tablet.
>>
File: image.jpg (148KB, 777x728px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148KB, 777x728px
This is what you want son. Go natural.
>>
Reccomend me some good drawing tablets /ic/
>>
>>2932202
Something like that?
When I work on my scans with the tablet, lineart, colors, etc. They become and feel flat.
Also the stylus grinds so smoothly, it's very odd and my hand keeps shaking.
>>
>>2932802
Huion h610pro, huion giano, wacom intuos pro M, huion gt-185, wacom cintiq, in this order depending on how much you can spend.
>>
File: RP-pencil-tip.jpg (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
RP-pencil-tip.jpg
8KB, 300x300px
It's the pen tip.

It's a huge pointer that will tell you where the line is going to end up. You look at it subconsciously. It's huge and it gives you millimetric precision.

In digital you get one really small pixel that is pretty hard to see. You can use crosshairs but still it's nothing compared to a huge pen.

When you're painting with big brushes it doesn't matters, but it does for drawing.
>>
>>2932202
>>2932209
Have you tried using a pencil-styled brush with a firm sensitivity curve? The little bit of textured randomness and ability to layer lines like you would with a pencil makes a good difference to how it feels to draw with compared to a hard round brush, same with any other similar textured brush, and even the simplest hard round + a bit of random scatter "pencil" brush has that effect.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.