[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to join an art college near me, does applied art >look

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 1425.png (14KB, 646x720px) Image search: [Google]
1425.png
14KB, 646x720px
>want to join an art college near me, does applied art
>look at paintings that grads did at a show
>get uncomfortable when all of their styles are nothing like mine or what I like
>>
File: 1.jpg (129KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
129KB, 960x638px
examples
>>
File: 3.jpg (964KB, 1500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
964KB, 1500x2000px
>>
File: 2.jpg (221KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
221KB, 2048x1365px
>>
File: 4.jpg (149KB, 885x589px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
149KB, 885x589px
>>
>>2932134
>does applied art
Well that's your problem right there. You want to do fine art.
>>
>>2932144

No, I want to do applied art, I'm just a fucking fantasy nerd and no one else is.

Fine art is this piece of shit:
http://www.ocadu.ca/
>>
>>2932150
So these people are developing their skills as designers and unique artists and you want to make generic video game concept art and shitty banners for anime mobile games.
>>
The artists you've posted seem to have pretty diverse styles of works. Who's to say you can't draw what you like? Just take a couple of classes, see how much you push the limits of assignment instructions, and decide whether to continue or not.
>>
>>2932250
>all fantasy art is generic video game and anime banners
Neck yourself
>>
>>2932259
>Neck yourself

kek, quit getting so defensive over your anime man
>>
>>2932257
This

>>2932270
Also this

Sounds like OP has some growing up to do
>>
>>2932270
personally i hate anime and never watch it
dont get so defensive over your retarded opinions
>>
>>2932134
Show us your style OP
>>
>>2932283
>asking a beginner to post their work
Crude desu.
>>
>>2932250

>he thinks uniqueness is a desired trait in the entertainment industry

shiggy diggy
>>
>>2932322
It is
>>
>>2932336

stop pretending you know what you're talking about

you are just another artvirgin on /ic/ who will never make it
>>
>>2932345
rude and wrong
>>
So? Whats your point, you're mad because other people aren't you?
>>
>>2932136
love this!
>>2932138
this sucks
he either will be an underground and well known artist with followers
or will achieve nothing with this kind of work
>>2932142
>political crap
>>
>>2932348
Sad!
>>
>>2932138
I love these
>>
>>2932134
You're better off taking online classes from a professional artist whose style you actually want to emulate.

Art college is a meme. You'll just be learning how to draw and paint like the teachers who teach there. And if they don't do the style that you like, then you're just gonna have a more difficult time learning to make the kinds of paintings that you actually want to make.

>>2932138
This looks like a print making thing. He etched his drawing into a large piece of wood or rubber to make a large stamp, then used a roller to apply black ink on the stamp, then put the stamp onto paper.
>>
>>2932140
From the thumbnail, it looks like a naked short haired, flat-chested girl laying upside down with her legs spread eagle.
>>
Yo
>>
>>2933625

I need the degree to get into the states for more work, but I get where you are coming from. I am by no means hinging my art education solely on the college.
>>
>>2933625
>Art college is a meme. You'll just be learning how to draw and paint like the teachers who teach there. And if they don't do the style that you like, then you're just gonna have a more difficult time learning to make the kinds of paintings that you actually want to make.
>learning from teachers is wrong
What the fuck is nigga smoking?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.