[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever look at a painting and get a weird deja vu feeling,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: harvest-moon.jpg (1MB, 894x900px) Image search: [Google]
harvest-moon.jpg
1MB, 894x900px
Do you ever look at a painting and get a weird deja vu feeling, as if you've been there and that it's somehow a snapshot from your memory?

When I look at this painting I get exactly this feeling. I suppose it just describes that particular light situation well while still being somewhat undefined/impressionistic so that my mind can fill in the rest. But I literally feel like I've walked on that road before. It's kind of eerie.
>>
File: 1473716127657.jpg (297KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1473716127657.jpg
297KB, 600x600px
>>2930716
like this? Yes, I do, i typically just say they feel like my childhood simce it is hard to explain and I dont fully understand why it happens.
>>
Post more pls
>>
>>2930716
It looks like the old painting that was on the 4chan front page before the kek girl
>>
>>2930883

I'm a huge fan of Waoming Zhu although I don't get this particular effect from viewing his works. He definitely plays a lot with a golden hour / early morning kind of light as in the painting in OP.

I too believe it's something from my childhood that comes up. Maybe it's because I've always been fascinated with the interplay of light and shadow and taken mental notes on it and that this particular type of 50/50 sun/shade situation reminds me of that. I get the same feeling from some of Tadahiro Uesugi's works (pic related) and there is definitely a common thread there.
>>
>>2930716
that looks like the country road my dads house is on op
>>
File: eternal_peace.jpg (699KB, 1080x750px) Image search: [Google]
eternal_peace.jpg
699KB, 1080x750px
a lot of russion painter could do this effect if it is what i think you mean, check out isaac levitan, shishkin
>>
>>
File: 39122_G_1292513674281.jpg (185KB, 1100x724px) Image search: [Google]
39122_G_1292513674281.jpg
185KB, 1100x724px
>>
this one i really like, arnold böcklin
>>
I love all of these but desu any generic picture of a forest scene would be easy to relate to. It would be more impressive if it were a more specific painting of an event or a detailed street or something
>>
>>2931338
ah, k. thought it was more about the lighting, sort of better than camera more real vision
>>
>>2931338

OP here. That's not true. I've seen thousands of landscape paintings and only a handful bring me this effect despite many of them being very realistic and familiar. It's more specific than just easy to relate to. It's probably highly subjective aswell what triggers you.

>>2931340

Definitely something to that. Paintings with simplified shapes and color masses gives the mind space to fill in the missing information where as photos are more literal and give you everything on a plate.
>>
>>2930716
Not that often when I look at paintings, but I call them glimpses, when I almost recall a past life or something and I get this intense sadness/fondness from the faintest hint of an obscure memory, triggered mostly by music but also scenery, clouds especially etc.. Had to post, it seems like something similar to what you're getting.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.