[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I cannot for the life of me enjoy drawing on a tablet. The lack

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1490598150800.png (378KB, 1023x587px) Image search: [Google]
1490598150800.png
378KB, 1023x587px
I cannot for the life of me enjoy drawing on a tablet. The lack of resistance and the gliding of the stylus fucks with me.
Do people generally consider someone who shuns tablets and digital art, and sticks with pencil/pen/paper as a troglodyte or a shitter?
>>
>>2926073
>I cannot for the life of me enjoy drawing on a tablet.
keep drawing with your tablet so you can get use to it

>The lack of resistance and the gliding of the stylus fucks with me
Im pretty sure you can put a piece of paper over the tablet and the stylus will still register
>>
Who gives a fuck?

Just do what you like and enjoy it, fuck. If the problem is not being used to it then keep using it till you do. If not, just use traditional tools, no one gives a fuck as long as you're doing it and improving.
>>
Like the other anon said, just tape some paper to your tablet.

And if you don't like tablets, stop giving a shit about what others think and just do what works for you. That said, if you plan on becoming a professional, digital is going to be a huge asset for being able to produce stuff relatively quickly and cheaply. Especially for stuff like concept art. If your goals aren't in that direction, why do you care if somebody with their head up their ass looks down their nose at you for sticking to traditional?

Lots of artists start a piece traditionally and then polish digitally, which is another option.
>>
>>2926073

I felt exactly the same way when i first got one. You really do get used to them, I actually prefer it to paper now desu.

Having the kind with a built in screen helps a lot too.
>>
>>2926073
Get a scanner. If you're like me, you only hate doing linework on tablets.

You can very easily "binarize" the scanned inks or even pencils so that they turn into non-antialiased black lines and then lay the colors underneath.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
I prefer traditional, I do the line work and scan it into Corel draw. I've been teaching myself. I'd like to get into designing textiles and merch. This pic is an example, something I did early in the learning process.
>>
>>2926140
have you ever actually seen a human skull
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>2926236
I agree, it's a shit drawing, but that's not the point- the point is that you can digitize your hand drawn shit rather than using a drawing program for your line work. Here's a better skull that I've drawn. Not perfect, of course- but we learn as we go. You can either lift people up or drag them down.
>>
>Do people generally consider someone who shuns tablets and digital art, and sticks with pencil/pen/paper as a troglodyte or a shitter?
No, not at all. Depending on your field however, someone using digital tools is going to always be picked before you for certain types of jobs. It's like being a carpenter and not using electrical tools. But if you just like drawing as a hobby, no one cares what you draw on.

That being said, drawing on a tablet is something you get used to. It takes a while and in time it will feel more natural to you.
>>
>>2926126
How fo you do this in paint tool sai?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.