[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of pen/pencil is used to create this kind of effect?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 20091124_214934.jpg (3MB, 2252x2744px) Image search: [Google]
20091124_214934.jpg
3MB, 2252x2744px
What kind of pen/pencil is used to create this kind of effect?

For some reason, I cannot get HB or 2H to look this way... t_t
>>
Scan and use filter
>>
>>2925982

I could be wrong but it looks like pencils that have been photocopied then given a brown tint digitally
>>
>>2925982

If you have a scan of one of your pencils drawings I will attempt to recreate a similar effect in Photoshop if you want.
>>
File: avalon_model_sheet.jpg (549KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
avalon_model_sheet.jpg
549KB, 2448x3264px
>>2926001
Maybe try this one.
>>
>>2925982
It's a scan / xerox and the drawing was likely made with a thin lead (0.3)
>>
>>2926029

Needs to be a scan not a potato mobile snapshot.
>>
>>2926043
I don't have access to a scanner t_t
>>
>>2926047

Okay, then I can't help you. But as others have said it's not a direct representation of a drawing but rather a drawing that has undergone several generations of reproduction. The noisy dots are a giveaway that it has been photocopied.
>>
>>2926049
Ah, I gotcha. Thanks for the answer.
>>
>>2926049
drawing with a red pencil, rendering in graphite and then xeroxing gives amazing effects, a really underrated technique
>>
>>2926325
>drawing with a red pencil, rendering in graphite and then xeroxing gives amazing effects, a really underrated technique
Explain further with examples.
>>
>>2926029
Your scratchy unconfident lines will never be able to look like the ones in OP pic. I say work on those first before worrying about trivialities like filters for your scanned drawings
>>
>>2926328
Disney movies like 101 Dalmatians or The Sword in the Stone used a technique where the animator will first construct the character with red pencil, make the final line work with pencils and then photocopy it and print it straight into a cel which later will go directly to the color department, Disney eliminated inking from the animation process.
I have experimented with fully rendered pencil drawings using this technique and it looks amazing, it gives a grainny look similar to OP's picture
>>
>>2925982

quick easy way to create a xerox like effect

step 1: take your scan an plop that bad bitch down into adobe photoshop. after making sure it's not the background layer create a layer beneath it and bucket fill it with white
step 2: click "select" in the lil options bar and move your mouse cursor down til you see "color range..."
step 3: clicking that should pop open a lil window. also your mouse cursor when hovering over the work space should now be the eyedrop tool. click on a white spot to signify to the tool that you want to remove the white parts of your scan (insert "white genocide" joke here)
step 4: adjust the fuzziness value to your desired level of xeroxy lookin crackliness
step 5: hit okay, this should create a selection that covers most of the lines from your scan. make sure the scan layer is selected and then hit your delete key

bingo bango bongo you're done

note that you'll probably have to go back and clean up any smudgy eraser marks unless you've mastered the art of clean erasing. an eraser guard might be worth investing in as well
>>
>>2926343
post some
>>
Prismacolor col-erase are the best pencils for drawing. There's a reason why oldschool animators and layout artists love it.
>>
You're all idiots.
It's just scanned ballpoint pen
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.