[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you "do" this exercise? are you supposed to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: fzd_insect_DTwk8_01b.jpg (474KB, 1580x1082px) Image search: [Google]
fzd_insect_DTwk8_01b.jpg
474KB, 1580x1082px
how do you "do" this exercise?

are you supposed to find a photo reference and reconstruct it at a different pov? in which case, would you go centerline first, top-view second, and do a bunch of 2-curve combos?

or is this exercise just drawing the subject as-is in a photo while using perspective guidelines to help you place things correctly?

i'm trying to get some more practice with scott robertson's methods. shifting winglets around in 3d space on aircraft was already pretty tedious... trying to nail all these insect leg placements according to some top-view on the ground plane seems like a major headache.
>>
>>2925855
why don't you read through the fucking book again
>>
File: doorknobcomp.jpg (1MB, 2480x3228px) Image search: [Google]
doorknobcomp.jpg
1MB, 2480x3228px
Break everything down to cubes. in a 1 or 2 point perspective. depending on the angle. then try to confine shapes, like spheres and other shapes in that cube. THink of it as a 3d object but your only drawing one cube at a time
>>
>>2925855
You gather some reference and fill in the blanks with your fucking brain, it's designed to help you whip out drawings from imagination, you're forcing yourself to turn the reference in your mind and figure out how to fit it to your image, in perspective. It isn't a scientific illustration.

Draw a "piece of paper" in perspective on the page, you can do this *right?* That is the floor which your object will sit. Now draft your shit in perspective off that. gl.
>>
>>2926099
Isnt the minor axis too tilted in this picture?
>>
>>2926099
Is it normal to be able to imagine the cubes in your head? I can rotate boxes in my head easily, I don't feel the needto draw them, I can just imagine them in the paper in whatever perspective I want
>>
>>2926214
Ok KJG
>>
>>2926214

Literally post your work
>>
>>2926099
dude, fix your fucking line quality
>>
Do you have any more of these feng zhu slides? I want to know what the curriculum and homework are so I can structure my self-study better
>>
>>2926214
Its perfectly normal. Scott Robertson, feng zhu, Peter Han, even villpu can draw without visibly laying down the construction. It's pretty much a given that after a set time practicing, you won't need to do so.
>>
>>2926480
You can just look here google feng zhu blog
He has a shitton of work from each month
>>
>>2926241
I don't have any imagination drawings. I draw from life etc, don't use my imaginary box powers there. I guess I just have high spatial intelligence.
>>
>>2926214
yeah, pretty normal.
>>
>>2926099
Why are the extents of the box not lined up with the edge of the door knob? Why leave the knob floating half way into the box?
>>
>>2926235
Kek.
>>
>>2926734
There is a difference between "I can imagine" and "I can imagine and project my object in it's 2D representation". (Pretty much) everyone can do the first, the second takes quite a bit of practice.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.