[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>learn to draw >/ic/ tells me to learn from loomis >read

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 5QrHOcr.png (143KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
5QrHOcr.png
143KB, 480x360px
>learn to draw
>/ic/ tells me to learn from loomis
>read loomis
>"WHY ARE YOU DOING LOOMIS"

Can someone please explain this logic to me? You fuckers told me to read it.
>>
Okay, first this place is full of idiots.
Second, Loomis posting basicly means:
study art fundamentals such as proportions, perspective and construction.
>>
>>2925495
/ic/ is not one person, this applies to any board and website, get it through your thick fucking skull.
>>
>Loomis
>meme
>>
>>2925499
Where should I expand after Loomis, then? I feel like I haven't learnt much besides posing and using my eyes/shapes, not my brain.
>>
>>2925495
loomis is a meme and the stickies are there to put you down
>>
>>2925509
Honestly? Just pick your favorite artist and emulate to the best of your ability. Keep trying. Trace that shit. Stare at it until you figure out why they shaded there, why they chose such colors, etc. If you have a basic understanding of anatomy and lighting, you can do this.

There's a stigma about copying art, but as long as you don't go posting it as your own and treat it solely as an exercise there's no issue.
>>
Loomis provides some concise methods and methodologies to get your foot a good ways in the door to drawing "properly". Personally i don't think his anatomical methods go much farther than that, so it really depends on the person whether I personally would recommend Loomis or not.

If someone recommends loomis and you find Loomis helpful then that's good, if not, find another artist to learn from. Don't stress it.
>>
READ
THE
>>
>>2925495
"loomis is a meme" is a meme. Just like any board dedicated to a well researched activity, you'll eventually have contrarians who always have to have the opposite opinion of what is the established common consensus about anything. If you can't learn to identify those people and discard their worthless opinions for what they are, I don't see much hope for you as an artist because critical thinking and the ability to think for yourself are some of the most important traits you need.
>>
>>2925849
Yeah! If you want to learn geometry you have to read Elements by Euclid. Don't listen to these contrarians telling you to get a modern textbook!
>>
>>2925849
Denying loomis is a meme is a meme.
>>
>>2926228
>He drinks the canned jew.
>>
>>2925495

Generally doing construction for figures is a sign of being ultimate n00b who's art will never have that sweet "oomph" distinguishing it from every other out there.

Structure isn't as important as proper gesture and having organic lines/edges. Problem of /ic/ is that they recommend Loomis like it is a medicine for everything, while it might be exactly the thing that will hamper the artist for a long, long time.

It's ironic because /ic/ idols, like Kim Jung Gi, that Chinese digital painter fuck, Steve Huston or Schmidt - they never, ever do construction drawings.

Hell, even if you see Robertson in his videos and lectures, he does construction mainly for vehicles. Landscapes and environments? If he doesn't paint-over 3D, he chooses interesting shape blobs from his value-only custom brushes and again - do a paint-over. Same with alien head shapes, no construction there.

>b-but they already mastered construction and can do it all in their heads, you will too after 20 years of drawing!

And this argument is also bullshit since early stuff of above mentioned artists also wasn't constructed, if anything, they all had classical painterly background.

Hell, even fucking sinix - if you look at his sketchbooks, there's 0 construction there. Just lots of copying, changing and drawing same/similar things from imagination.
>>
File: ggttai.jpg (178KB, 646x363px) Image search: [Google]
ggttai.jpg
178KB, 646x363px
>>2926296
>sinix construction debate
>robertson meme
>kim jung lol just think in boxes
>paint over 3D model meme
>including greentext about a rebuttal on construction

kouhai you are trying too hard for a reply
>>
>>2926299

But I already won, Retard-kun, all I needed was your (You)
>>
>>2926304

Wait, you mean your post isn't copypasta?
>>
>>2926305

Those (You)s only make me stronger, you pathetic weakling.
>>
If I've posted it once, I've posted it a dozen times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAl9P4T12Rs

Read The Art Spirit, and pick a discipline/artist(s) to follow. Then venture off with your own style, from the discipline(s) you've learned from. Applying life experience.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.