[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>find a really good artist on tumblr >check out their bio

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

File: 43443353.gif (1MB, 500x248px) Image search: [Google]
43443353.gif
1MB, 500x248px
>find a really good artist on tumblr
>check out their bio
>they're 15
>i'm practically a nursing home resident and i can't draw shit
>>
>>2921993
ask them for their birth certificate to prove it, if they dont provide it you cant pretend theyre lying
>>
>>2921993
Which is a higher priority to you? Gitting gud or gitting better than them?
>>
>>2921993
another "artist that are younger than you but fuck you up and make you dread life and the embarrassment that your existence brings?" thread?

let me leave this 17 year old here
http://timofeystepanov.deviantart.com/
>>
>>2922005
You know why these literal children are good? Because they didn't whine and fucking drew.
>>
>>2922005
not OP, I'm not normally impressed but no fucking way he's 17. Give me proof.
>>
>>2922020
>His profile on VK says 21.

Jesus christ.
>>
>>2922005
>>2921993

Digital art isn't real art anyway. I will feel safe till I see younger than 20 awesome oil painter.

t. dreading death anon
>>
>>2922020
>>2922022
>>2922005
>tfw 28 and still struggling with faces
This is legitimately depressing.
>>
>>2921993

> confusing age for experience
> focusing on shit that doesn't matter

Maybe if you practiced rather than lament, you could actually make it OP.
>>
>>2922005
>Malre/Russia
I didn't need to looker anymore down the page to trust you
>>
File: IMG_1933.jpg (100KB, 1000x713px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1933.jpg
100KB, 1000x713px
an actual 17-year-old painted this.

plenty of young but seriously good artists on tumblr, but all you guys do is disparage that place.
>>
>>2922015
Because they made the decision to git gud at 14 and not 21
>>
>>2922015
This.
And they didn't fall for memes, like grinding nothing but fundamentals for 3 years, and only drawing from life.
Most young artists start by copying shit they like for years, then they learn fundamentals, and it just drastically improves their already decent art. That;s where talent comes from, they get a subconscious understanding of the fundamentals from copying, so when they actually go to learn them, they have a natural feel for them, and get good at the fast.
>>
>>2922044
is that suppose to be good?
>>
>>2922082
>and then theres this guy
Oh, fuck off you damn well know that's good for a 17 year old you miserable shit
>>
>>2922044
>an actual 17-year-old painted this.
Yeah, looks about right.
>>
>>2922083
so? i was 17 and painted better shit than that lol?
>>
>>2922103
Post your work, mr.cunt
>>
>>2922004
This.
>>
>>2922103
I'm usually against the "post your work" shit, but you're building yourself up pretty high. Let's see your work when you were 17 so we know you aren't talking out of your ass
>>
>>2922103
Post your workthatyoudrewwhenyouwere17yearsold
>>
>>2922130
>but you're building yourself up pretty high
>>2922131
its not my fault i actually put effort into my shit instead of wasting time like the both of you did, how put you actually get shit done home boys? i aint posting shit, not for the both of you.
>>
>>2921993
but why would people lie about their age on the internet?
>>
>>2921993
A 15 year old has nothing to do except sit around and draw. You could easily go from being a shit artist to very good if you drew for 3 hours a day for a year.
>>
>>2922135
Post your work for me.
>>
>>2921993
Ultimately being good for X age is somewhat meaningless in my opinion. When I was younger I was always told how good I was for my age, but I never was seen as simply good, it needed that age qualifier. I ended up hiding my age on some sites because of it so I got actual feedback instead of asspats. Getting too much attention young is a great way to build and ego and stagnate too. When you are around a while you see a lot of talented kids being hailed as the next big thing only to fizzle out and be unheard of 7 years later.

And at the end of the day, who cares how old someone is? Especially when you're 40, will you care if you became a pro at 19 or at 24 or at 30? The people who freak out over this stuff are the type who think short term and want instant gratification. Think long term if you ever want to reach mastery.
>>
>>2921993

>>2922044
no really that's actually pretty bad.
>>
>>2921993
>a nursing home resident
You're 21 aren't you? -___-
>>
>>2922072
Oh shit is this the secret?
>tfw used to copy a bit
>have some potential
>>
>>2922166
Do you see any 40+ here? Exactly.
>>
>>2922202
Yes, but I was saying WHEN you are 40 you will look back at how silly you are being for worrying over this stuff so much. It was just an example to give perspective. A few years at the start of your life/career mean very little in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>2922197
I know from interviews with mangaka, this is how people in japan learn to draw. And the way people struggle here for years and complain they are still shit, makes me believe there's something to it. 17 year old kids don't have years to get good. It's just a personal theory tho.
>>
>>2922214
There must be an efficient way to copy others while still learning compared to mindlessly drawing the same thing
>>
>>2922214
>>2922214
I know from interviews with mangaka, this is how people in japan learn to draw.
And look at the wonderful results of this artistic inbreeding
>>
>>2922214
>>2922233
What is /ic/ doing wrong? Do they just not put in the effort?
>>
>>2922197
You should grind your fundies hardcore the first 2 years, while doing analytical copies of other artists.
>>
>>2922240
Now explain that in detail enough to hit the post limit.
>>
>>2922235
everyone's here for a different reason, it's just that this place is a magnet for the desperate
>>
File: Lightstudy2.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Lightstudy2.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
you guys are stupid at most, well thats barely anything new.

I am 24 now. Started picking up interest in art approx 5 years ago. pic related is one of the first things I drew in my first month of actual practice after I had watched videos and actively looked for digital art portfolio. You can probably tell where I made those spheres after some youtube dude whos name I forgot.

>>2915331
This has been my latest painting from last weekend. Thats quite a horrible progress for 5 years if you ask me. What do I care? not at all. You gotta consider that in those 5 years I paint one piece every other month or so. In total I porbably started less than 60 'paintngs' and finished 30 of them... in 5 fucking years. I cant even draw, literally. Neither on paper nor digital. I never sketch out my shit. I never draw any line on paper regarding illustrative work. I go straight to blocking in colors and work it like a sculptor at best.

Considering that, the progress is not that bad anymore.

Stop trying to compare yourself to other people and give it your best. If you are like me and burn out on one subject easily then pursue another field in art aswell. In those 5 years I did more thatn 30 paintings. I make a living off Design-work, I got good in 3D and and majored in production design and just got an offer to be trained to work as an art director just recently.

Also, this guy got it right:
>>2922072
>That's where talent comes from, they get a subconscious understanding of the fundamentals from copying, so when they actually go to learn them, they have a natural feel for them, and get good at the fast.

I see young apprentices at work everyday that struggle with the most basic shit. Even after years of self-proclaimed studies... If you cant pick up atleast the concept of the fundamentals by copying work for a few years you arent suited for the art-industry, I am afraid. Better treat it as a hooby.
>>
>>2922247
And in your whole post. You didn't even mention what you got into art for. Probably why you don't care at all.
>>
>>2922240
So then why are their constantly threads posted by people who still complain about how shit they are after drawing for years? Why are there thread like this one, complaining about how 15 year old kids are better than them?
You think a 13 year old grinded fundamentals every day for 2 years?
If your method isn't working, why would people do it?
>>
>>2922247
Well since it's art confession time... the one thing that really brings me down is that what I really love about art, what pushes me to draw in the first place, is also a massive handicap.

I use a constructive method and never work from direct reference 'cause I like learning about the shit I draw. This whole scientific approach to drawing and being able to draw shit from imagination is the force that pushes me to draw. I'm slowly progressing while doing this and I get so much joy from all the collateral learning about nature, animals, insects, trees etc. but then I see some guy who just fucking nails it by mindlessly copying the thing 1:1.
I feel like I'm making 100x the effort other people do because I really hate copying and direct measuring and in the end the final product doesn't even compare to shit that's been faithfully copied from a photo. I do copies and measuring for practice but I just can't get myself to integrate that into my workflow. I like the organic feel my drawings have, but I know that organic doesn't fly that well today.

It's like trying to be break into photography by using one of those ancient Victorian plate cameras when other aspiring pros go around with the latest digital reflex
>>
>>2922250
That should be obvious.
You get into art because you enjoy/love it and because you dont really see an alternative way for you to spend your working life, right?

>>2922267
Nothing wrong with your method. But as that other anon said, at some point after copying lots you pick up the way things are constructed on your own. You end up subconciously construcing things even though you believe you do not.
Sure, this might take even longer than learning it the proper/hard way.

Its like learning a new language. You can either learn it 'by force' with all the grammar and vocab lists or you just try to learn it naturally as time passes like you did with your first language, which also took you years.
>>
>>2922267
It doesn't have to be an all or nothing thing. Painting something entirely out of your head is only useful for bragging purposes. Plan an image without reference, then find/make some ref to bring it to a tight finish. James Gurney does this in a pretty extreme way with building and painting maquettes, but you can do it with something as simple and taking a shitty webcam photo of you in a similar pose and with a lamp pointing at your for the direction of light you want. Or just google around to find images that have similar colours or materials or whatever in them. There's no point trying to invent everything, because the result will ALWAYS be worse.
>>
>>2922272
how do you copy things for a tight finish? the whole point of copying is saving time and effort on construction
>>
>>2922103
God I hate this place
>>
>>2921993
Age literally doesn't matter. I don't care at all.

I'm more concerned if people who have been drawing for less time than me are better, or if somebody who was worse overtakes me.
>>
>>2922057
Better late than never, best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, second best time is now, etc
>>
>>2921993
>>i'm practically a nursing home resident and i can't draw shit
Bet you're 25 you fucking drama queen.
>>
>>2922135
nice self-preservation asshole. So yes, you were talking out of your ass and you don't have the balls to stand up to what you said

ngmi with that attitude
>>
>>2922220
There is, and it's simple: When copying, ask questions.

Why was this done? Why did they do this how they did? Where is the light coming from? What is making this happen? How can i replicate this, and when do i need to do it?

If you cannot ask the artist for whatever reason, then you have to reverse engineer their art, and thus, their process. Don't seek just to copy; seek to copy, breakdown, understand, and put back together. This leads to actually understanding what it is they've done, and if you're doing it right, you'll understand well enough to pick and choose what it is you like that they do and apply it to your own work.
>>
>>2924734
I need a whole course on this.
>>
>>2922005

dont worry such kids are famous to waqste all their time on just one thing and then dump it away as soon they discover cheap bitches alcohol and cars. i know none of those who made it over 30 years artist.
>>
>>2922562
To be honest your neuroplasticity is pretty much gone at that age.
>>
>>2924919
And if it hasn't it would've begun to rapidly decline.
>>
>>2922005
>http://timofeystepanov.deviantart.com/

He's pretty fucking rad. I mean, shit, I don't even feel ashamed. It is better to learn his approach than to lament his success.
It looks like he approached a lot of things early from character design to full illustrations, and really pushed his linework.
>>
>>2924919
ok.
>>
>>2922020
Who give a fuck how old he is. He probably worked really hard to get to that level and at that age I doubt he have to think about financial and other shit...

No responsibilities and the discipline to use all that free time to practice? No shit he's that good.

Stop whining and just practice his life is not and will never be yours. Your decision affect your own life.
>>
>>2922034
How long did you put into practicing faces? How did you practice? There's a ton of teaching videos that can be found legally or illegally. There's also internet schools that provide 1 on 1 teaching. Even with all this at your fingertips you still whine? If you tried all this and still can't do it then find something else or see a doctor.
>>
>>2922246
Magnet for the desperate?

Maybe thats why i came here today, despite not being here for months...
>>
>>2922267
Don't feel bad my dude, your way is what leads to truly creative art. People who copy from photos are fucking losers, just render-spamming machines. I can do that shit too, and I did for quite some time, just copied and copied. It gets boring as hell after a whole. Sure, you get praised by normies ("wow anon you're really good OMG wow!!! every time I show someone a generic copied portrait), but you aren't a real artist.
>>
>>2922034
From imagination? If so, these kids would struggle with that too, trust me.

From direct photo reference? Download Keys to Drawing immediately, go through all of it. Measure, measure, measure. It's all measuring. You can copy anything by measuring.
>>
>>2922023
>paying for art supplies

fucking sucker
>>
>>2926033
How are so many teenagers from ex-USSR states able to afford drawing tablets?
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.