[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Michael Hampton ever actually break down his process for

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7321.jpg (663KB, 2369x1704px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7321.jpg
663KB, 2369x1704px
Does Michael Hampton ever actually break down his process for gesture drawing? This is the closest I can find in the beginning chapters of his book.

I'm trying to learn his method of doing it, and while the book is great so far, I feel like I'm just reading tips on figure drawing and examples of what to do, but not shown how.

I just wanna produce good gestures.
>>
>>2916222
those are meh gestures desu
>>
>>2916222
Gestures are a means to an end. Understand the principles behind them, don't try to copy one artist's particular gesture drawing style.
>>
>>2916238
lol no

>>2916222
Did you read the text around it? He explains it pretty well. As an artist, you should be thinking in more abstract terms than just step one, step two, step three.
He uses the concept of rhythm and the ability of line to guide the eye to describe the action of the figure from head to toe, literally.

Supply it with Vilppu vids (Hampton is his student). He tells you to use lines going through, over or around the forms to describe what the figure is doing.

It would've been better if you just posted your own work tho.
>>
>>2916238
Post your gesture.
>>
Read the text, you fucking retard.
>>
Michael Hampton is garbage. It's funny how much you guys struggle to understand these concepts while I barely practice and i'm still eons ahead of you chumps.
>>
>>2916287
kek. nosebro pls
>>
>>2916290
pls what? I'm better than you. Post work to prove me wrong.
>>
>>2916287
>>2916294
if ur impersonating nosebro next time capitalize the b
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.