[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://albino-penguin.tumblr.com/po st/158671239445/this-was

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_on6dzbREtN1qgyi8co1_500.png (157KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_on6dzbREtN1qgyi8co1_500.png
157KB, 500x387px
http://albino-penguin.tumblr.com/post/158671239445/this-was-a-project-fro-my-graphic-novel-drawing

How do you feel about this?
>>
>>2911658
Tl;dr
>>
>>2911658
couldn't read it. it was too anime style for me.
>>
>>2911658
> anime isn't a style it's an abbreviation the japanese used for animation.

Languages change, just like how gay used to man happy back in the day buy now means that you're homosexual the same thing happened to anime. And it is an artstyle, it's an artstyle where you simplify the human face and shading to give characters a more baby-like features (small nose and big eyes) as well as often relying on flat shading without a gradient (something is lit or it isn't there's never a different value the shadows)
>>
i think anime can be a toxic style for beginner artists, but to say it isn't a style is ridiculous when it's such a massive genre and market
just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's suddenly invalid
>>
>>2911658
Do what you need to get through class and in your own time or when you are done with school, draw what and how you want. If everyone thinks it looks too much like anime then take a cue and work on drawing things differently. OR draw what you want and how you want and stop giving a crap what everyone else thinks about it.

Also, I WOULD call cubism "cartoon" - or just call it "dumb" - unless you are using cubes to create something more meaningful and masterful then it is dumb.
>>
i can sympathize with this - the events depicted in that comic probably would've been me but i ended up going into cs so i can draw whatever the fuck i want and not worry about having no money for food

art, esp illustration, is subjective, your commercial success is all based on how many people like you and there's a hundred other illustrators who wanna make it just like you. if you can't find an audience for ur animoo drawings then you're fucked even if you're 'technically' better than some generic shitty artist with better marketing than you. that's why i think that it's better to just go into programming, engineering, nursing, etc and keep art as a passionate hobby you can still enjoy
>>
>>2911658
>all the figure drawing, studies and hard work, can all be swept away... by "one" anime drawing
How dramatic.
>>
It was pretty pretentious, but I can't really relate to it so, eh?
>>
>>2911658

The cynical side of me thinks that it's melodramatic and sappy. I cry uncle more easily than the author though.
>>
>>2911658

One thing I've noticed is that the artists I know with an anime style in the west are either asian or are animators. I guess that it's considered "OK" to do anime if you're asian (which sounds racist as fuck imo, like is it only okay to do cubism if you're french and spanish) or if you're an animator (which makes sense since it's a style that lends itself well towards animation)
>>
>>2911883
It's not even considered "OK" to do anime as an asian. It's EXPECTED. Every asian should know how to draw anime, if you don't, it's like what the fuck? The whites get to you?
>>
File: anime.gif (2MB, 410x230px) Image search: [Google]
anime.gif
2MB, 410x230px
>>2911658
Typical weeb niggers

As if being the cancer of the anime industry and culture, they now wanna be cancerous on art too

The ironic thing is I like some anime, the anime aestheti and I only draw anime

>BUT
I don't aim to become a pro artist, because I know anime isn't what art should be primary about

Just like I love K-On and Yuru Yuri, but I don't wanna all new anime to be moe neither am I going to eat all this new-age copy-pasted moeshit
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.