[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've read sticky, it directs me to Loomis and Drawing from

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_4355.jpg (3MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4355.jpg
3MB, 1936x2592px
I've read sticky, it directs me to Loomis and Drawing from right-side, i have studied and chaotically applied these books last year and it was last year when i tried to get into drawing and dropped/failed.

I feel like i need some sort of more clear instructions, can you please tell what my daily drawing routine should be for first few thousand hours?

Im a beginner who aims to draw his own manga/comic stories.

I have previously asked this question number of times in /beg/ but was sarcastically rebutted with 'asking for advice in most unhelpful thread'.

Ill attach one my drawing from the last year but this is more like to make thread relevant then the example fo skill or foundation for askingh a direction, since i need directions from the absolute ground zero.
>>
You want to draw comics? Then draw comics. Sit down and do it, even if it looks like crap. Make a practice project and just do it. If you can't figure out how to put it together, load up comics you do like and copy the panels to understand how other people put one together. Find one artist you love the shit out of and study him furiously.

You start by drawing what you love and trying to understand how people you love make what they make. Get a feel for characters, storytelling, composition, and environments. You do not grind anything until you find what you love and begin to get some idea of what in particular you want to be doing. The point of the fundamentals isn't to mindlessly grind them until you become "good". The point of the fundamentals is to apply them to the kind of art you wish to be making. If you are at step one, you have to find what you love first. Then worry about the fundamentals and how to apply them to what you want to do. Because what you need to learn is going to be very different depending on which direction you take things. You have no idea what this direction is yet, obviously.

Also most people learn by copying first. They either study from life or by using already existing artwork. Not necessarily books. You might not even understand what books are trying to tell you until you've fiddled a bit on your own. Find your love, a topic you love, and you won't randomly up and quit again. If you know what you like, you'll be grounded. Everything you do should be focused around the kind of comic artist you want to become.

Also, if you want clear guidelines, you may want to invest in a dedicated teacher. Only a teacher can give you that much attention. If you're asking the internet, you need to accept that you'll have to guide yourself to a degree.
>>
>>2909008
I was deeply touched by your post, this is so insightful and different from what people normally say to me.
>>
>>2909008
what does "study an artist" even mean
i know its kinda self explanatory but what does it REALLY mean
>>
>>2909186
it means look at an art style or artist you like and draw like that you fucking retard.
>>
File: IMG_1601.jpg (66KB, 640x664px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1601.jpg
66KB, 640x664px
See you next time
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
drawn a shape 3D okay a loomis
>>
File: IMG_1606.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1606.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
you always make a 3D
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
ooh we do
>>
File: IMG_1605.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1605.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
make a 3D
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
ok lets see whass cookin
>>
>>2909229
Here is a tip, spend some time more productively by actually studying loomis instead of shitposting.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.