[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a good example of a good portfolio? I'm starting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_o1i4yxU8DQ1qg3lgxo1_500.png (206KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1i4yxU8DQ1qg3lgxo1_500.png
206KB, 500x345px
What is a good example of a good portfolio?
I'm starting to build my own and I'm not really sure how and what to put in it. Any advice? Any good examples to show?
>>
>>2908029

What job are you looking for? FZD says that you need a lot of design work, where you analyze and demostrate you understand stuff and can put that knowledge to create cool shit.

Like breaking down the pieces of a Fighter jet, then using knowledge of science to create a fighter jet that could fight underwater, or on a planet with a strong air density..etc
>>
>>2908036
Oh no no, i'm looking forward to work as a freelance illustrator.
>>
>>2908038

Oh, I see. I don't have any good examples for that, but I'll give you a bump.
>>
>>2908029
OP are you the same anon who always posts all the cat pictures?
>>
>>2908048
No! This, actually, is the first time ever i'm porting on this board
>>
File: el cato.jpg (328KB, 1152x1536px) Image search: [Google]
el cato.jpg
328KB, 1152x1536px
>>2908048

You like cats?
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 900x600px
>>2908062
I like this one, and I see him pop up every couple months
>>
While just a beginner myself I'd imagine some landscapes, OCs and like what the first anon said about creating blueprints of something.
>>
>>2908029
Also curious
>>
>>2908029
>What is a good example of a good portfolio?
>>2908038
>freelance illustrator.

Too vague.

Your portfolio should showcase the exact kind of work you're looking for. Editorial illustrations look different from children's books, card and board games, etc.

Find an artist that gets work in the field you want, and look at their portfolio.

You'll find plenty of portfolio examples and critique on youtube. Off the top of my head Clint Eastwood and Peter Mohrbacher have a few. There's also a multi-art director-run tumblr where I'm sure that question has been addressed multiple times (dear art director?).
>>
>>2908918
>Your portfolio should showcase the exact kind of work you're looking for. Editorial illustrations look different from children's books, card and board games, etc.
>Find an artist that gets work in the field you want, and look at their portfolio.
/thread
>>
>>2908068
oh they were probably meeee
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.