[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in a rut artistically, and it's beginning to affect

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

I'm in a rut artistically, and it's beginning to affect my work ethic. What are some warm ups and exercises you guys like to do to stave off art block?
>>
Go on danbooru
See what's new
Feel disappointed and regret that I can't do those
Realize that I can do a faux copy of them
Proceed to go draw said whatever

Alternatively
I like to draw memories like a house or a room or something
>>
I've been thinking about going back to my fundamentals. As I'm looking through that beginners link on the front page, it I my cements that I ought to do that.
>>
>>2907203
I don't really understand why did you guys get artblocks.
>solo VN project
>/a/,/v/ drawthreads
>design your own stuff whenever you feel like it
Like, there's so many things that you can do, anon.
>>
>>2907203
Draw something from a different angle.
>>
>>2907228
You ever think there's too much stuff
>>
Just copy your favorite artist/s piece that you like. You will have finished nice art in your sketchbook after that and you will feel better.

It really will keep your art block away while you will still be drawing/painting. Just don't boast about it to anyone and you will be golden.

Seriously, in that situation copying = win
>>
just scribble some nonsense on a page and go from there.
>>
>>2907228
This is why I get artblocks: >>2907232 I can never decide what to do first
>>
>>2907704

Take the things you could be doing that you're potentially interested in.
Make a numbered list.
Roll an (x) sided die, you can random number generators online.
Do the thing - if you're disappointed and would have preferred to do another thing on the list, and you realize this after rolling, do the other thing.
>>
I fire up planet earth 2 and sketch some animals when I run out of ideas.
>>
>>2907235
Copying makes me feel like a old whore why just did it raw for half a sandwich.
>>
>>2907722
That actually sounds fun

I've had to put personal art aside for a big project, and now it's difficult to go back to a comfortable style. Like, I know it sounds a little pretentious, but I feel disconnected from my artistic voice
>>
>>2908445
Tell me when you've got it figured out.
>>
Get away from your computer, lay down on your kitchen floor or take a walk. Yes, it's that simple, yes, it works 100% of the time if you want it to work.
>>
>>2907743
I feel like we'd get along in real life
>>
>>2907943
Copying is how many artists learn and improve. Perhaps it would be better to say you're 'analyzing' the piece, because that is what you should be doing. Study what makes the drawing look so good, why, how. See if you can replicate that.
>>
>>2907704
Do the first thing that catches your attention
>>
Draw your own genitals
>>
>>2907704
work on rote.
do the first couple steps of one piece, then do the first couple steps of the next. then the next, and the next, and once your back to your original, repeat. sometimes have a work loop can do wonders for your work ethic, because every time you come loop back to something you did previously, you can look at it with a fresh set of eyes so to speak.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.