[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become good at networking and marketing if I'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1450231723036.png (497KB, 499x407px) Image search: [Google]
1450231723036.png
497KB, 499x407px
How do I become good at networking and marketing if I'm an antisocial autist?
>>
Since you're an autist, get really good at what you do and post your stuff consistently. That's about it.
>>
File: 1446667930349.jpg (19KB, 203x250px) Image search: [Google]
1446667930349.jpg
19KB, 203x250px
>>2905504
Where do you think you are?
>>
File: sfz3-chun-li.jpg (32KB, 300x780px) Image search: [Google]
sfz3-chun-li.jpg
32KB, 300x780px
>>2905504
are you an obsessed with art autist or just a regular autist?
>>
File: 1445235724876.jpg (9KB, 193x185px) Image search: [Google]
1445235724876.jpg
9KB, 193x185px
>>2905522
The second one.
>>
>>2905504
By getting out of your confort zone and realising being social is a skill like literally everything in life, there is no such a thing is ''talent'', you can be a introvert and still have above-average communication/charisma skills

But you sound too much like a failure without willpower to change your status quo, so why am I even wasting my time here
>>
>>2905504

anon if i made it, so can you. i'm socially retarded beyond comprehension, ruin about every second opportunity because i have too much social anxiety to reply to emails, and never ever really post or promote my art anywhere. i'm still somehow making a humble living freelancing.

keep your head up!
>>
>>2905504
you just don't. you get a job that is not freelance based, or you die. you simply will never make it as a freelance artist.
case closed.
>>
>>2905762
That's hardly true. Freelancing especially is very much reliant on a strong portfolio first and foremost. /ic/ really loves to overestimate the importance of marketing yourself. Sure, that sort of thing is very important when you want to be your own boss and make a living off of your fanbase, but when it comes to freelancing, skill pretty much always beats internet popularity. You just need to take the initiative and actually send your portfolio around and you can't just wait for clients to hit you up. Once you have a handful of reliable clients that continue to come back to you for more, you can go full internet hermit mode without posting new work in years, like Jaime Jones, Iain McCaig, Mullins and a plethora of MTG artists no one has ever heard of.
>>
>>2905504
you don't. Your best bet is to get lucky. With poor communication skills you'll end up being more dependent on the fans you do get and it's likely they are some SJW who'll want you to change stuff. Odds are you wont like that since you are autistic.
>>
>>2905504
Pay someone to do it for you
>>
>>2905770
great way to miss the point. grats.
>>
>>2905504
just start livestreaming regularly
If your consistent and do it long enough, random artists will start showing up to your channel, some may even start a conversation
>>
>>2907056
W-what do I say when they do?
>>
>>2907058
Gorgeous cock
>>
>>2905504
"Fake it 'till you make it." Probably the best thing my com101 instructor told the class
>>
>>2907069
>I dont know what Im talking about

I don't think I should trust you.
>>
>>2905504
Practice by learning to make friends, or just get used to struggling alone all the time.
>>
>>2905543
Not Op, but thank you for this.
>>
>>2905963
What point did I miss? You said regarding OP's question lacking social and marketing skills that "you simply will never make it as a freelance artist" and my post was a direct response to that statement and why I believe you are wrong.
>>
So what if you have social anxiety? You shut the fuck up and do anyway, do it long enough till you realize there was no reason to be anxious in the first place. Keep your head tall, stop thinking and fucking do it.
>>
overcome your social anxiety by working on your self-esteem and self-image issues and learning to value your "I", because that is the root of all of your insecurities. also while at it, learn to be comfortable with failure.

also get therapeutic help, avoid antidepressants/ssris if possible.

t. former antisocial "autist"
>>
>>2907483
>avoid antidepressants
this

they're a big pharmaceutical meme
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.