[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to start a patreon and do silly girly doodles and dumb

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10

I want to start a patreon and do silly girly doodles and dumb comics that take 15 minutes to do and pander to popular mainstream lefty worldviews.

>hurrdurr trump bad
>hurrdurr i was misgendered
>hurrdurr i'm pansomething
etc

i really only want to do this for shekels and see how much traction i can generate after consistently doing these for about a year. the workload is minimal so i figured, why not.

question: since i want shekels i need to give patreon my real name and info (tax reasons). can my patrons see my real name, or do they just see the moniker/nickname i go by?
>>
Why do you people think anyone would respond to something so blatantly insincere?

How long would you even be able to keep it up? Get a job.
>>
>>2904108
>putting so much effort into something you don't like
>>
>>2904111
>>2904112

i just want money yo. seeing how effortlessly some webcomics make a couple hundred bucks a month consistantly caught my attention. insincere, yes. but who cares? people are dumb.
>>
>>2904113
I guarantee you wouldn't even last the year.

And it's not just politics, or virtue signaling or whatever buzzwords apply. "They" have a fan base, one they took the time to build, whether you respect that or not. Do you have the discipline to update consistently, communicate with your base and grow it?

If you're already counting your ez patreon bux I doubt it.
>>
>>2904108
>wahh this person who holds differing political views is successful
Right wingers are the biggest crybabies holy shit
>>
>>2904113
despite everything you seem to understand, you missed the most important one that these artists have. they are very sociable and nice. you seem like someone whod flake under pressure and have a lot of shit catch up to you anyways.
>>
>>2904108
You know, if you want just money and can put up with a lot of stuff you dont care about you can just suck dicks.
>>
christ, how retarded are you all? i asked a simple question and immediately you're all fucking shoveling shit at me based on your preconceived notions of what i'm like and what i lack. christ what a fucking shithole /ic/ is.

>guys, what's 2+2? i wanna know for reasons XYZ

>'you wouldn't wanna know anyway you're dumb'
>'you wouldn't understand even if i told you'
>'why do you want to do maths? maths take skill'
>'i really don't like your reasons, they suck'
>'XYZ can't be done unless you do ABC first'

>g-guys i just wanna know what's 2+2...

you're all fucking retarded
>>
>>2904125
>tfw not sociable and not nice
Is this born to not make it or can I change and too be like awesome artists?
>>
>>2904134
well, being likeable is one of the three facets of a good worker. the other two being "being on time" and "having good work." i think you only need two out of three. but hey, if you're really a pleasant person all around, the people you deal with will look the other way for your mistakes in delivery. so i dont know why anyone would not want that for themselves.
>>
>>2904131
epic simply epic
>>
>>2904126
Does that actually pay well? Sounds like it wouldn't even be min wage.
>>
>>2904131
Your question is more akin to "how can i make money off of convincing people i think 2+2 is 5?"
>>
>>2904135
Thanks for the advice. This was helpful. Where did you get these though? Does every one knows these things like they're basic?
>>
>>2904131
you dumb woman. you really dont get it. these artists are very productive and serious about what they make and their work is very very cringy most of the time. if youre already laughing at them and yet want to become them... come on. really? youll have an allergic reaction and quit. and your darkness will show thru, as it always does. can you bite the bullet and make a comic aboht trump because trump said something that day and its the hot topic now? i couldn't. jesus christ thats just hell to me.
>>
>>2904108
>all this salt
>>
>>2904131
You're clearly degenerate who can't draw
>>
You have to remember that everyone responding negatively could never do what you're doing.
>>
>>2904153
Do what? Wish for easy money? I do that all the time!

The point is their putting the cart before the horse, no one will care, and certainly not pay him for work that OP themselves don't care about. Likewise no one will know about because they have no audience.

And if they really want to know the answer to their question, why not just email fucking patreon which would know better than any of us?
>>
>>2904125
These so called sociable artists don't consider themselves to be so.
>>
File: so.jpg (13KB, 280x313px) Image search: [Google]
so.jpg
13KB, 280x313px
>>2904108
>r trump bad
>>hurrdurr i was misgendered
i didnt even reed your post. I just saw this. And then opened the picture and i already see that you are retarded memeing millenial.
Whatever you want to do - dont do it. Stop.
>>
>>2904156
this
believe or not , these people arent dumb enough to not recognize when someone is doing it solely for the money / attention / etc
>>
File: 1483112223253.png (200KB, 534x779px) Image search: [Google]
1483112223253.png
200KB, 534x779px
>>2904108
I don't know, OP. You shouldn't have posted the part about how easy it is to rip off libtards though. Even before reading your whole post I could feel the presence of a legion of depressed, butthurt, goys
>>
Well OP, here's your chance. Set up your patreon and prove everybody wrong. Keep us updated! :^)
>>
>>2904273
>being a brony

Most shamefull thing in this thread, desu.
>>
>tfw this thread is not bait
>>
>>2904273
people won't see your name, only patreon staff
>>
The thing is, even someone as popular as Sarah only makes about $2k a month on patreon. Great for a webcomic yes, but hardly living it up.
>>
>>2904273
>coming to /ic/
>not going to patreon faq
>not asking patreon staff
>not asking someone with a patreon
>being a brony

Christ how retarded can one person get?
>>
I say don't do it because:
> 1) You won't be making much anyway if this is your first year putting out. Artists take time to traction popularity and the money won't be worth the time.
> 2) If you do happen to make it big and start really making money are you really going to stop by the end of the year if you're making 1-2K a month or week? No, the money's too good to not have it on the side at least. By then you're gonna be forced to put in more work for something you don't care about and you start truly hating it.

Considering these points why not put that time into something else that you actually like or could benefit from?
>>
File: tumblr_movpbnLQMz1r9g4gho1_250.jpg (12KB, 250x210px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_movpbnLQMz1r9g4gho1_250.jpg
12KB, 250x210px
>>2904280
>>2904322

why the fuck would using an mlp reaction pic make me a brony??? does this one make me an arnie? no, you fuckfaces.

>>2904306

anon, thank you!

>>2904325
>>2904317

i get your arguments, they are fair. but i would be perfectly happy with anything between 300-600$ a month eventually. generally these webcomics are all about consistancy, a recognizable cute style, and trend-pandering. so the workload is really really low. of course the first year will be no-return/low-return but after one year i can evaluate, and see if there's traction. possibly could even have 1k after one or two years, which would cover my rent already for very little work (2-3 strips a month which is maybe 12 hours a month or so?). i'm just trying to diversify my income as a freelancer and explore new ways of shamelessly selling out. don't mind not liking it either lol. just want the shekels. patreon has a nice way to financially reward consistancy and patience, and I'm trying to see if I can tap into that.
>>
>>2904170
That makes them relatable, which in turn makes them easy to be friendly towards.

A lot of artists share that mentality. Severe self-defeating attitudes. That helps them latch onto people who do the same thing.

The people who do this thinking they'll make money with small comics will never make it. They don't have the relatability down because not a lot of people relate to pretending in order to turn a profit.

Or at the very least they won't pay you for it.
>>
>>2904317
2k/month is pretty average for a popular webcomic actually. Certainly not even close to the webcomic top earners on patreon.
>>
Two lessons I learned from this thread.

>Better to ask relevant services their policies

>Never ask /ic/ it will be a fight either way.
>>
>>2904111
You'd be surprised how fucking little self awareness certain groups of people have. They operate entirely on cliches and buzzwords so imitating their thought process would be easy as hell.
>>
>>2904125
>they are very sociable and nice
not him....But as an artist, I can vouche THIS IS NOT TRUE....AT ALL. Stop projecting what you assume artists are and are not.
>>
>>2904122
lol....have you seen left wing sjw's on liberal campuses? Or are you one of those Pied Piper rats who blindly gets spoon fed by the MSM and parrot what they say?
>>
File: CwzZyxMUoAA5qQd-300x300.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
CwzZyxMUoAA5qQd-300x300.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
>>2904108
webcomics are gay.

>>2904280
they're better artists than you faggots lol.

>>2904122
guess you weren't paying attention at all to the US election then? Pic related.
>>
>>2904108
you won't make a lot of money. those people are a loud minority, the only way you'll really get'em is if you invoke some recruit-able cause, you need some drama, value signalling, play victim and cry wolf. good luck
>>
Why even make it explicitly political?

>"I have to do a 500 word essay for tomorrow I just wanna watch the avengers nyaa #relatable"

millennials eat that shit up
>>
>>2904605
>he thinks it's this easy
>>
>>2904606
It's what Sarah Andersen does and she /madeit/ more than anyone on here.
>>
>>2904623
Now tell me a few tens of thousand other people who have done it and made it.
>>
>>2904378
>lol....

Go back to facebook nigger.
>>
>>2904108
why do people think this shit is profitable?
>>
>>2904769
They see Sakimichan and think it's easy.

>oh just draw big tits and render well?
>easy.
>>
>>2904141
Actually, it is household knowledge. I've heard it many times growing up, moreso from my peers in school.

But yeah, good luck on the road to becoming likeable. It's hard and cringy and can be like pulling teeth, but it's definitely doable.
>>
>>2904141
>Where did you get these though?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plWexCID-kA
>>
File: garrus vakarian.jpg (425KB, 3110x2073px) Image search: [Google]
garrus vakarian.jpg
425KB, 3110x2073px
>>2904113
much like the people who pretend to be fascists ironically for Jokes™ only to transcend the mask, you too will probably end up becoming more progressive as you attempt to learn their theories and thought process in order to exploit them because you, much like the previously ironic fascists, probably like to assume you are of the "apolitical" sort, aka a blank slate who is so ripe for the writing upon

that is to say if you are able to stick it out long enough without crumbling under the social obligations of building an audience for said webcomic as other anons have pointed out, which will be increased doubly so for you since you'll be faking it, at least for the beginning. unless of course you have empathy problems, which is very well possible seeing as you're on this site.

but if you manage to make it all past that, if you're doing it right, you'll start getting a LOT of hatemail from easily angered idiots, but more importantly, probably some fanmail from completely earnest and sincere people thanking you for your work, however bad or fake it may or may not be to you, because it helped them through some shit they had to personally put up with and i figure after a couple of those you might have yourself a grinch moment or something.

or more than likely you'll fuck it up by trying to say something that you think is progressive in a way that's actually not progressive and they'll instantly see through your facade and you, being a hollow flake, won't know how to react to criticism in a way that doesn't dig your hole deeper so quite honestly you're doomed from the start
>>
OP you triggered the people you are about to dupe successfully.

go for it and do it robotically. even copy pasting platitudes if you must, if you get caught it'll still be funny and you can start again and keep exploiting their stupidity. bonus points, have 3 accounts running with 3 twitters and 3 fake personalities that all help each other out and form a ''collective''.
>>
>>2906345
me again:

Your starting comic will actually be about leg hair.

and another about being ''introverted'' with things like 'sometimes i don't want to X and that's ok...' with gentle looks on the characters faces and maybe a pet cat they have too to keep it comfy.

Panel for next week will be about emotional abuse from a bf (target audience, dumpees who let themselves go) and how it creates insecurities.. but maybe one day you'll find the one. then draw a really cute, soft asexual kind of guy.

Then go into the fact that sometimes you are asexual... and that's ok.

Week 8

panel 1: sometimes I feel sad.
2: sometimes my armpit hair is a little prickly (or even long ((dr.seuss story telling delivery)))
3. sometimes I feel ugly (your bio pic will contain and ugly person)
4. but that's ok...
(victorious panel of fat person eating alone but with their cat in tow watching Kdrama, comfy and shameless)
>>
>>2904134
You can change as long as you're not just an actual dick. I definitely used to be way more antisocial than I am now. Getting a job where I talk to people all day definitely helped. I just had to focus on getting better at all that.
>>
>>2905870
Just avoid talking politics, and further separate your interests from your ideology. That's how I've always done it, and that's why I'm nearly a contradiction when it comes to simultaneously holding traditionalist values whilst having interests and a personality that would be easily considered left-wing.
>>
>>2905870
You're right. There's a reason why a bunch of Puerto Ricans were at the Shia Labeouf Super Show. It's because they were in it for the memes and became the very thing they were mocking. Or something.
>>
File: 20170320_122142.jpg (165KB, 1000x662px) Image search: [Google]
20170320_122142.jpg
165KB, 1000x662px
I took a stab at what you were talking about. Did a shitty rough on a shitty camera. If my tablet wasn't broken, I imagine all it needs is a little clean up before drowning in shekels
>>
File: 20170320_122156.jpg (372KB, 1760x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170320_122156.jpg
372KB, 1760x1080px
>>2907545
>>
>>2907547
and then repeat ad nauseoum
>>
>>2904131
You're the retard, the only thing you even really asked was shit about Patreon, if you want to know about Patreon go check the Patreon FAQs, dipshit. If you really wanted to make a libtard web comic for money you'd just be working on the webcomic without feeling the need to make an entire thread not saying anything.
You're clearly a woman.
>>
File: babe3.png (111KB, 303x319px) Image search: [Google]
babe3.png
111KB, 303x319px
Hahah bitter faggots mad that others make money off their art and they don't.

"Buh-but, I study anatomy and browse /ic/! I'm higher quality than these webcomics"

Just give up now, you'll never make it
>>
>>2904131
Titis or gtfo
>>
File: fd7.jpg (25KB, 480x430px) Image search: [Google]
fd7.jpg
25KB, 480x430px
>>2907545
>>2907547

Are you serious? even if these were supposed to be cancer they still fucking suck.
>>
>>2904108

You are a very bitter and petty person. It will show in your art and people will continue not to like you.
>>
>>2906345
>>2906354

you know it senpai. starting my webcomic as we speak. i'll screencap this and post on here in a year when my patreon is raking in 500$ a month. could probably be more but i won't have the time to shill hard enough for it to really explode into the stratosphere.
>>
>>2907716
post your work
>>
>>2904108
Could you post an example...?
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.