[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

aren't kjg's techniques and studies of things basically

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: 1484784298154.jpg (132KB, 897x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484784298154.jpg
132KB, 897x960px
aren't kjg's techniques and studies of things basically the same as scott robertson's?

kjg's boxes are just an even more abbreviated form of perspective grids/planes, and his "autistic" memory for structure/function is just the same thing as the visual research that scotty talks about in his book.

kjg just freehands everything instead so while it doesn't look as mechanically tight, it's still cool in an "illustration" and not concept-art way
>>
>>2903590
I mean they're both using a ton of perspective in their work, but their approaches using it and thinking about it are pretty different.
>>
What's your point that you have to create a thread about it?
>>
>>2903590
"Space" is a constant in what they're trying to depict, how different could their methods be?
>>
>>2903590
KJG says he never studied the horizon plane or points.
>>
>>2903595
Is it possible to measure space in a drawing? Like say, the character is 10m away from the Titan? Could you measure that? Or how far the background is in the distance.
>>
>>2903596
That's such a fucking lie if he actually said that. In some of his old work in his 2007 sketchbook you can see his drawing the perspective out before he could do it all in his head.
>>
>>2903590
So did kjg wrote any books? If so are they all in korean or are some in english?
>>
>>2903590
You have had the realization that will lead you into pursuing this and adding depth and solidity to your art. Good luck, and if you keep studying and coming to revelations like this you will make it
>>
>>2903601

Yes, yes you can actually.
>>
>>2904428
And how is that?
>>
>>2904431

Very simple, you define a cube with a set height/width for example, 1x1x1 Meters. Then, you place this cube in any perspective you like, and proceed to do the multiplication method. Now going backwards, forwards, up down, or side to side is a matter of counting cubes.
>>
>>2904441
Makes sense.
>>
>>2904444

I am glad, it's a very useful thing to know if you wish to get accurate with your designs, for example, you could make a side view profile of a vehicle, draw boxes on it, and then transfer those boxes to Perspective
>>
>>2903590
>jungy kim's wot they call me. on me mum you won't be loney.

illustrators tend to do it freehand. it seems the main difference between concept art and illustration is who's using hardcore cad-tier perspective and who isn't. Everyone at some point uses grids but I've only seen perspective autism on architectural and industrial design sketches.
>>
>>2903608
So wait, KJG wasn't just born good? He actually had to study too?
>>
>>2904708
No that would mean people have no one to blame but themselves for failing. He was blessed by the muses the day he was born
>>
>>2904708

It's better to work now and fail than to work later and fail.
>>
it's a good thing I understand korean
>>
>>2904708
>asians
>ever just 'born good'

The reason they're better than all of us whiny honkies is because they spent their childhoods getting their asses kicked by their parents for fucking up and were legitimately forced to practice for hours daily and were taught to aim for perfection or bust while most of us, at best, just managed to scrap up a couple minutes in class while we were bored and the teacher wasn't looking and had every single thing we gave to our parents plastered on the fridge.

That's why gooks are always some of the best artists when it comes to photorealism, accuracy and 'autistic memory' for structure/function as OP so eloquently put it.
>>
>>2907255
wtf I want an old asian man to beat me with reeds until I'm a good artist now
>>
>>2903608
>>2904708
NO. IT'S TALENT. HE WAS BORN OBSCENE TALENT.
>>
>>2903590
Accidental dick.
>>
>>2907467
I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that
>>
>>2907467
>>2907473
>accidental
you just be new to kjg, he loves drawing lewd.
>>
>>2907475
Yes, and it still is probably accidental. If he wanted to do lewd he'd just have drawn the dick.
>>
>>2907477
whatever, I think he was being cheeky on purpose.
>>
>>2907467
>>2907473
>>2907475
>>2907477
>>2907482
wait, are you guys talking about the titan or the human?
>>
>>2907494
well I was talking about the titan...but now that you mention it....
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.