[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /ic/ quick question for all you zoological artists out there:

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

sup /ic/
quick question for all you zoological artists out there:
I'm trying to design a dog-like monster. Sounds simple enough, right? Well the trouble is the legs. I'm trying to give it this graceful ballerina-esque pose but when I go to scribble out the legs, I get really confused trying to get the joints in the right place since clearly the hind legs of a dog are a bit different anatomically from those of a human.
Any suggestions?
>>
File: what-is-that-idont-even.jpg (54KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
what-is-that-idont-even.jpg
54KB, 400x400px
>>2903244
Do you have trouble drawing something like this or what? Just think of it as a human with really long feet standing tiptoed. Treat the front legs similarly.
>>
study the pelvis and how it connects to the femur, and now the femur connects to the tibia/fibula.

if you can grasp that then you lay the muscles on top of them.
>>
>>2903244
Quadruped anatomy is essentially the same as human anatomy but with very different proportions. The bones themselves are the same. Try googling for some anatomy charts or something that will show you which bones match up with what. Searching stuff like "comparative anatomy" should help.

Otherwise for a ballerina type thing with long legs maybe look at the Maned Wolf since it's proportions might help you out and the legs are very visible and not hiding behind thick fur.

That about all I can say without actually seeing your drawing.
>>
This might help
>>
>>2903312
gold.
>>
>>2903312
w-why is the man bending over right there?!
>>
>>2903312
>french

Why am I not surprised?
>>
File: maned-wolf.jpg (34KB, 300x241px) Image search: [Google]
maned-wolf.jpg
34KB, 300x241px
Look at Maned Wolf for ballerina esque canine legs
>>
>>2904532
>>
>>2904532
It's fabulous.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.